Whippet - love story

Your POV:
Delilah walked into the living room where Ryan was sat and I was in the kitchen making dinner (which overlooked the living room and is open plan). "Mum? Dad?" She said standing in front of us. "Yes darling?" Ryan smiled. "How did you two meet?" She asked. Ryan turned and smiled at me. "Well Delilah, I rescued your mum from the water as she was stuck." I told her. She smiled. "Daddy's a real hero." She smiled hugging him. "Please tell me the whole story." She asked all excited taking a seat on the sofa next to him. I stopped what I was doing and joined them.

*flashback*

It was a nice day down at bondi. I was on a very long holiday here (as in I just moved here aha). This was the start of a new chapter for me. Time for me to start settling down.

I was out surfing with some friends I met a few weeks back when I arrived here. We spent ages out in the water having good fun. As a wave came I didn't quite get it. My board went one way and I went the other. I went under. Don't panic y/n! Don't panic. That's the worst thing to do. I raised my hand when I came back up and kept it up until someone came for me.

As I was drifting under I felt myself being pulled up. I coughed a lot. "I've got you." The voice said as we began to make our way back to shore. That was what I thought the end was going to be for me. We got back to shore and I slowly walked up to we're my things were. "You ok?" He asked. I nodded my head catching my breath. "Let me get you some oxygen." He told me helping me sit down.

*whippet to bondi central... can we get some oxygen down here please*

The guy sat down next to me. "I'm Ryan aka Whippet." He told me. "I'm y/n." I smiled a little. Soon the oxygen was with me and my breathing began to feel a lot better. "If anything changes within the next few hours or day or two. Go see a doctor." He said. We waited for a good 10-15 minutes. I thanked him and his work mates. I collected my things and began to walk away.

Just as I was leaving I heard my name being said. "Hey y/n, we should get together sometime." Ryan said to me. I smiled. "I would love that." I replied. "Here's my number. Text me." He said with a wink after. My heart fluttered.

*end of flashback*

"And that Delilah is how we met." Ryan told her. "Aww that's so sweet. I hope one day I'll find a guy who loves me like you love mummy." She said making Ryan's protective face come one. "Not for a while love. Not for a long long time." He chuckled as she laughed. I love my family.

A/n: who's your favourite lifeguard??