Reidy - introducing you

Your POV:
The day came. I had put a circle on my calendar to remind myself about tonight. My dad, Andrew Reid, was meeting my boyfriend, Noah for the first time.

I got myself ready for the day. I cleaned the house making sure it was clean and smelt nice before Noah turned up. "Dad you ready for later?" I asked as I walked in the room. "Yes. I can't wait to meet this Noah kid." He told me with a smile. I smiled back. "I can't wait for you to meet him either." I said getting back to what I was doing.

- - - -

The day went on and the evening soon came around. Noah was going to be here any minute. I set up the table while dad made the food. There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." I said while dad carried on with the cooking. I opened the door seeing Noah standing there dressed up smart. It made me smile. We shared a quick kiss before I bought him to meet dad.

Noah seemed a little nervous. "Noah don't be nervous. My dad will love you." I smiled making him smile back. We walked hand in hand towards the kitchen. "Dad this is Noah." I told him. Dad turned around jaw dropping to the floor. "Noah?" He asked. "Reidy?" Noah replied. I was so confused. "Wait? Wait?! You know each other." I said in disbelief. They both nodded. "We work together babe." Noah told me. "Why didn't one of you tell me that before?" I wined. "Because we wanted to see your reaction." They both said. I rolled my eyes.

Dinner was now served so we sat around the table. "Thank you." Noah said taking a mouthful of the food. "Thanks dad." I smiled tucking into my plate. We all ate our food. "This is still so strange." I said to them both as they laughed. "Get used to it love. There will be a lot more of this." Dad said making me cringe a little. "Whatever you say dad." I smiled. The three of us spent the rest of the evening talking about everything that came to mind.