Harrison - hometown

Requested by @Thenextstepfan3

Your POV:
It was 2am in the morning and I was at the airport waving goodbye to my best friend. He's moving to bondi to pursue his career as a lifeguard. I'm ever so proud of him. Harrison and I have grown up together in his hometown, Christchurch. We've been friends ever since we were kids. He's my best friend. The only one who I really hung out with. "Have fun." I mumbled as we hugged. He laughed. "Of course!" He exclaimed. "Don't forget about me." I added. "How can I? There will be pictures of us both all over my apartment!" He said making me smile and it was true, when he would FaceTime me there was photos of us both in frames on his counter tops. His plane got called. Harrison gave me one last hug before leaving. We waved at each other until I couldn't see him anymore.

*flashback*

Harrison came over to mine for the day. He wanted to spend the day with me and also tell me something. Slightly confused but I'll take it. "Y/n don't get too mad or upset but I'm moving to New South Wales in a month." He told me. I looked at him in shock. "Oh. So you're leaving for good?" I asked. "Well that's the thing, I'm not sure if it's for definite but when I find out I'll tell you of course." He explained. I nodded my head. "I'll miss you." I mumbled. "And I'll miss you but you promise to come visit me?" He asked. "Of course." I smiled. We both spent the rest of the day together until Harrison went home. That night I cried myself to sleep because he's not going to be there anymore. Oh how I'm going to miss him.

*end of flashback*

That was the worst day I could've lived but he was happy to move on in life and if he's happy then I'm happy. He makes me smile.

When we got to the ages of 14/15 I realised my feelings towards him. I didn't think they would last in a sense because all teenagers go through a phase of liking someone. But these feeling stuck with me. I really do like him but seeing him leave broke me more. My feelings towards him were strong but I didn't have the courage to tell him.

*3 years later*

Harrison is finally back in New Zealand after being in Australia for the past three years. He came back for the final bits from his house. We spent most of his time here together as I let him stay at mine. "Do you have to leave this time?" I asked. "Yes! Unfortunately I have to leave but you can always come to visit me y/n." He told me smiling. I smiled back. I helped Harrison carry the final few boxes out to the car. "I guess I'll see you soon." I told him as we hugged for the final time. "I'll miss you y/n." Harrison said. I tried not to cry. "I'll miss you too Harrison." I replied. We hugged before he got in a car heading back to where he belongs. I sighed. It's always hard when I don't see him.

- - - -

I waved goodbye to my parents for the final time in god knows how long. This was the start of a new adventure for me. I walked through security and walked towards the terminal. Starting off fresh. I have my own small apartment for the time being as it's all ready for me when I arrive. It's only temporary until I find a proper place. I'm also going to become a lifeguard too as Harrison messaged me saying they have a space available if I want it so I took it. The two of us used to do lifeguarding when we were younger so I have that experience.

Harrison's POV:
It's been a rollercoaster. Missing y/n was and still is the worst. It's hard not having her around anymore. We grew up together which was great because I could trust her with everything. I realised my feelings for her when I left her to move to bondi. I know they've been there for ages but haven't said anything.

Maxi came back to mine for the evening. He's been around mine a few times but hasn't stayed for long. I walked into the kitchen to get us to drinks for the evening. "Is this your girlfriend?" Maxi asked. I smiled. "No that's just my best friend y/n." I smiled. "Aw you two you would make a cute couple." He said making me blush. I handed him a drink as we took a seat on the sofa for the evening.

- - - -

Y/n is coming! There's an available trainee spot on the team so I told Hoppo that I have someone in mind and he said sure. I asked her and she's moving here. I'm so happy that she's coming. Maxi came with me too the airport to collect y/n. He wanted to meet her so what a great time to meet her.

I spotted her instantly. "Y/N!" I shouted making her look in my direction. Her face lit up with a smile so big. She quickly walked over to Maxi and I. He was on his phone for most of it. Y/n was now standing in front of me for the first time in months. She hugged me tightly. "I've missed you." I mumbled into her neck. I could feel her smile. We pulled away looking at one another. "This is my best mate Maxi." I told her she smile. "Maxi this is y/n." I told him. He smiled. "The wonderful y/n. Finally get to meet you as someone won't stop talking about you." Maxi said making me look away blushing.

- - - -

It's been a few weeks and y/n has settled in well. She's been working for quite sometime and has already impressed most of the other lifeguards. Maxi and I were sat in the rhino in north side looking out across the water. "Maxi?" I asked grabbing his attention. "Yeah?" He replied. "I want to ask y/n out." I told him. "As in be your girlfriend?" He asked. "Yeah." I nervously said. Maxi smiled. "Just do something that she would like. I'm pretty sure she would say yes because of the close connection you both have with one another." He told me. I smiled. "Hope so." I replied as we got back to work.

Your POV:
I've settled well into the Australian life. It's my day off and same with Harrison. We've decided to spend the day together which is always nice. I got ready for the day and met Harrison outside of my house as he was picking me up there. We both headed to the beach.

Harrison took my spare hand as my other hand had my surfboard in. We ran into the water then getting on our boards. It was just like the old days. Spending time like this with one another. We spent ages in the water. Laughing and most of all having fun. After a good few hours, we both walked towards a clear space on the beach with our picnic that Harrison made by himself. Very interesting. He placed down the blanket letting me sit on it before he did.

We ate a bit of food before Harrison turned to face me. "Y/n when I left 3 years ago for the first time I realised my true feelings towards you. I've liked you as a friend for years but as they progressed it got stronger. You mean everything to me. From day one I knew we were going to be best of friends or maybe something even more in the future. I want that something more to happen to us but I totally understand if you don't feel the same way." Harrison explained. My heart skipped a beat. "Of course I feel the same way silly. I realised when you left both times. I couldn't let you go but I had to. That's what love does. You have to let the other one go but I never let you go completely. You're here now. I'm here now and we can make it work." I explained making Harrison smile. "Would you be my girlfriend?" Harrison asked. "Of course! I thought you would never ask." I smiled as Harrison laughed.

Harrison fed me a chocolate coated strawberry. "Damn you owe me 30 bucks, you betted that she would say no! Hand it over." We heard Jesse say to Maxi. Harrison and I turned around seeing the two behind us in the rhino. We both looked over at them in anger because we wanted this to be just between us. "I can't actually believe you two." I mumbled. They both got the memo and drove off laughing. "Now where we're we?" Harrison questioned. I smiled. He leaned in as our lips pressed together. I've always wanted to kiss him and I was in heaven.

A/n: hope you like this and thank you for requesting! I love this one!