Whippet - not me - pt 2

Your POV:
It was another day at work. I haven't seen Ryan for the past week. I mean it could be the fact that I've been avoiding him for no reason in particular.

I walked in the tower near time for my lunch break. There were a few of us in there but no sign of Ryan. "So a little birdie told me that you and Ryan kissed the other night?" Luke said sitting next to me in the tower. Luke and I have been friends for years but became closer during this job. We're nothing more. I see him as a friend and in pretty sure he sees me as just a friend too.

I was confused on how he found out if I'm honest. "How did you find out?" I questioned. "I over heard him talking about it to Chris." He told me with a smile. I rubbed my hands against my face. "I messed up." I mentioned even though he kissed me. "Have you spoke to him since then?" Luke asked. "Nope I've been avoiding him for some reason." I said with a sigh. "I mean fair enough maybe go speak to him." Luke suggested.

Ryan walked in. He looked rough. He was looking pale and really tired. Luke gave me a look. I nodded and he got up and left. "Ryan?" I called. He turned his head weakly smiling at me. It looked like he was about to cry. Luckily it was our lunch break so we walked into the locker room.

We took a seat on the bench and that's when I noticed the tears falling down his cheeks. "Let it out." I said as he cried into my shoulder. We sat there until he couldn't cry anymore. "What's wrong?" I asked after sometime. "Take your time." I added which he did and I didn't mind at all.

Ryan lifted his head up from my shoulder wiping his tears. "We had an argument that night I saw you and we broke up." He sighed. "Was it because of me?" I asked. He shook his head. "Nope. Never. I wouldn't blame it on you." He told me. I still felt like I had something to do with it. "Ryan you can tell me honestly, I don't mind." I said squeezing his hand.

Ryan's POV:
Y/n was sat by me as I had a breakdown. I needed to tell her the truth. "When I got back inside that night I felt bad because I cheated on her but then I felt loved again. Leah was in a grumpy mood which made it worse.

*flashback*

"Leah I'm not happy. When we got in this relationship I thought this was going to be the best but if I'm honest recently I've been sad about it. It's not like it used to. We used to be close now we're distancing. You've distanced yourself from me I can see it." I explained. "Ryan I promise you whatever you think it is it's not." She told me. "I have second thoughts about this. About us." I told her.

Leah stood in front of me. "Ryan baby?" She said. I knew deep down she didn't care. "What happened?" She asked. "I kissed y/n." I mumbled. Leah stood back in shock. "I knew you loved her still." She told me like I didn't already know.

I wasn't going to lie. "Of course I do?!" I exclaimed. She laughed. "You never loved me. You just used me." She yelled. I held my hands up. "Hold up. You were the one who was clearly using me. You would constantly brag about this and that to your mates and family. Yes I did kiss y/n. Did I regret it? No absolutely not. I felt loved for once. I haven't felt that from you in ages. She made me feel love. This relationship we have going on isn't working. I'm sorry but it's over." I said letting my tears slip. Leah rolled her eyes.

*end of flashback*

She left the house after. We haven't spoke since but she told me she was speaking to someone else near the end of our relationship. If only she told me then, then we could've sorted it all out and be on good terms. I messed up for sure." I finished explaining.

Your POV:
My heart broke. "I'm so sorry Ryan. I shouldn't of come over that night and then this wouldn't of happened." I sighed feeling really bad right now. "Don't be sorry. I just didn't feel right with someone who I didn't love like I loved you." He explained. "Y-you love me?" I stuttered. Ryan nodded his head.

He held my hand. "I've never stopped loving you." He smiled making me blush a little.

We sat in silence before he spoke up looking me in the eyes. "I'm sorry y/n! I really am." Ryan said with a small smile. "I accept your apology." I mentioned. "Let me make it up to you." He suggested. I gave him a confused look. "I'll take you out for dinner." He said. I loved our dinner dates back when we used to date. "Sure." I smiled. "Ok cool. Tonight after work." He smiled. "Good for me." I said as we got up and finished our shift for the day.