Whippet - deserves better - pt 2

Your POV:
I had to walk home after Cody told me he was too "busy" to pick me up. Whats gotten into him recently? I just wanted to come home to my boyfriend and chill after the day I had.

Cody's apartment wasn't far from the beach so when I approached it I unlocked the front door to silence which was odd considering he told me he was home earlier. "Cody I'm home!" I said through the house.

I walked towards the bedroom opening the door. I saw Cody with another girl. My heart dropped. "Y/n? It's not what it looks like." He said jumping out of the bed. The girl was smirking. "Who is she?!" I asked. "No one." He replied coming towards me. "I'm his girlfriend silly." She smirked. "I thought I was your girlfriend." I said. "Your loss love." They girl said.

This couldn't be happening. "You cheater!" I screamed when Cody got close to me. "I love you y/n." He said. "No you don't. You wouldn't of done that if you did! Oh and have fun with your new life. We're so over." I shouted. "Y/n please no." Cody pleaded. "Should've thought twice about that." I mumbled before I ran out of the apartment and headed to Ryan's and as I did it began to rain. Great?!

Ryan's POV:
There was knocking coming from my door. "I'm coming." I said to the person. I opened the door seeing y/n standing there soaked from the rain. She had tear stained cheeks too. My heart broke. I took her hand pulling her inside.

I opened my arms for her as she cried. Letting my top get wet from all her tears. "What happened?" I asked as I pulled away a little. I couldn't care if my clothes got wet. "He- he cheated." She said making me tense up. "Wait till I get my hands on that guy?!" I exclaimed full of anger. "You were right." She cried in my arms. "I should deserve better. He wasn't the one." She sobbed.

We walked further inside. "Let's get you changed into something dry and warm." I told her. The two of us walked back to my room. "I don't have anything to wear." She mumbled. "I kept somethings back as I was going to give them to you back a few days ago but luckily I didn't." I chuckled. I handed over some of her sweats and a hoodie (which was mine but she now claims it as hers). "Thanks." She said with a small smile. Her smile always gets me.

Y/n headed to the bathroom. "I'll be in the other room if you need me." I told her letting her change. About 5 minutes later she returned looking a lot warmer. Her hair was up in a messy bun just like she used to have it in. She walked further into the room. "Ryan I'm sorry about what happened between us." She said as she sat on the sofa. I sighed taking a seat next to her.

Your POV:
This felt a little awkward between us. I knew Ryan felt awkward too. "I shouldn't of come here." I said beginning to panic. "No please stay." He told me as I turned back to him. "Y/n I know this isn't how life was meant to go. You know that. Since you left my life I haven't been seeing anyone or speaking to anyone. Hearing that Cody was making you happy broke me. I want to be the one to do that. But clearly it wasn't enough." Ryan explained.

I wanted to cry. "He meant nothing to me. You're the reason why. I never stopped loving you. I may have got myself a new guy but he never loved me like you. You made me feel loved. If I could take us back and fix everything I would like nothing happened but maybe it happened for a reason. I love you Ryan." I sobbed. "Come here." He said with open arms. We shared a much needed hug. "I love you so much y/n. Never leave me again." He said hugging me tighter. "I promise." I mumbled against him.

Ryan and I made our way to his room. He asked me to stay the night which I gladly said yes too. I couldn't leave him tonight. He was my only source of happiness right now. We got in bed and carried on that hug. Just being in the arms of a loved one makes me feel like I'm needed or worthy. Especially with the love of my life Ryan. He's all I need.

- - - -

The smell of food woke me up. I smiled to myself then got out of bed and headed to the kitchen. There he was, the man of my dreams making food for us both. He noticed me walk in. We smiled at each other. "Morning princess." He said kissing me softly. "Morning." I replied hugging him from behind. We stayed like this until the food was cooked.

We ate and Ryan had to get ready for work unfortunately. "I wish we could stay in bed." I mumbled as we hugged. "Me too but I've got a job to do. I promise when I get back we'll hug all evening." He smiled making me laugh. "Ok." I smiled.

We shared a kiss before he left. "Call me if you need anything." He smiled kissing me again before leaving for work. Once the door shut I spun around. He's finally back. I'm glad to have him back. I shouldn't of let him go in the first place. Everything that happened last night was forgotten about and I only focused on what Ryan and I have/our future together.

A/n: love this!!