Mouse - nice to meet you

A/n: I haven't done a mouse one in ages!

Your POV:
New job! New me! I knocked on the door waiting for an answer. "Come in." I heard someone say. I walked in with a smile. "Welcome y/n." The boss said. "As you know I'm Hoppo the boss and head lifeguard here down at bondi. Let's go introduce you to some of the others!" He told me as I smiled. "Sounds good to me." I said as we headed over to the tower.

We walked through the famous doors into the tower. As we turned the corner a few of them turned to face Hoppo and I. "Guys this is the new lifeguard to join our team. Meet y/n." Hoppo told them. They all smiled. "Welcome to the team y/n! So good to have you here!" One of them said. "I'm Harries." He said with a smile shaking my hand. "This is Deano, Reidy, Harrison and Noah. The rest of them are out on the beach which I'm sure you'll meet throughout the day." Hoppo told me.

A girl with blonde hair walked in and stood by us. "You must be y/n? So good to finally meet you. I'm Jules." She smiled giving me a hug. "Yeah that's me. Nice to meet you." I smiled. "Right I'll leave you too it. Make y/n feel welcomed." Hoppo said before he left the tower. Some voices became louder. "Hey! You must be y/n. We just heard you arrived and thought we would come in and introduce ourselves. I'm Jackson and this is Lachie." Jackson said. "Nice to meet you both." I smiled. "Welcome to bondi." Lachie said with a smile. The two of them walked out of the tower.

- - - -

My lunch break showed up quickly. I helped out in the tower basically for the morning then I'll be actually going out onto the beach later on. Exciting.

A guy in a blue top. A lifeguard top walked towards me. "Hey you're y/n right?" He asked. I smiled nodding my head. "Yeah that's me." I said. "I'm Michael but you can call me Mouse." He said taking a seat next to me. We got talking and bonded well. "So what made you want to become a lifeguard?" He asked. "Well I needed a new start in life. I wanted to start a new page and go for something that I wouldn't go for normally. I love to swim and surf so I thought I would bring all of that here to help people and rescue them when they need it." I explained making mouse smile.

I thought I would tell him the truth and not some random rubbish. "You have a strong point there y/n." He told me. We headed back to the tower before getting into one of the rhinos before headed down the beach.

The two of us were down south end in the buggy waiting for something to happen. Mouse got out of the rhino and kept looking at something or someone. "You up for a rescue y/n?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Show me what you've got." He said. I nodded my head and headed out into the water. I paddled out to rescue this person stuck in the rip. Eventually we got back to shore. "Swim between the red and yellow flags next time." I told them. They thanked me before walking off. "Great rescue out there." Mouse said to me. I smiled. "Thanks." I replied as we headed back up to the tower.

Mouse's POV:
It's been a few days since the new lifeguard y/n joined the team. She's definitely impressed us all here. We've bonded well and gotten to know one another.

The two of us were down north end and it was a normal busy day. Y/n paddled out to get someone who was stuck in the rip. They came back a few minutes later. Before I knew it she was out there again and again. She's a powerhouse. "Swim between the red and yellow flags please!" I said through the megaphone for the ones who couldn't hear me. Y/n walked back towards me placing the board down. She looked slightly exhausted. "Let's head back to the tower." I told her. She placed the board on the side of the rhino and got in. We both headed up to the tower for the final hour of our shift.

It was coming up to 7pm. Y/n walked into the tower with a smile. "Thank you for today. I enjoyed it." She smiled making me smile. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" I asked. She smiled. "Definitely." She said before leaving the tower for the day.