Joel - dinner

Your POV:
I'm nervous for today. I'm finally meeting Joel's parents after 3 years of being his girlfriend. The reason why I haven't met them before is they've been travelling the world. I'm glad we're finally meeting each other.

The bed dipped right near me making me open my eyes. "Morning princess." He smiled tucking some hair behind my ear. "Morning." I yawned. "Come one let's get some breakfast." He suggested. "5 more minutes?" I asked sticking out my bottom lip. "Nope not today we've got things planned." Joel told me making me realise it's a big day for us both.

The two of us finished getting ready for the day and headed to the door. "Let's go." He smiled taking my hand as we made our way to the car and headed off this his parents house. We arrived at his parents. I was now very nervous. "I'm nervous." I said as we pulled up in the driveway. "They'll love you. I'm 100% sure they will." He smiled kissing my cheek.

We got out of the car and walked towards the front door. Joel knocked on the door and took my hand in his. He squeezed it in reassurance. "Joel?!" His mum said pulling him in for a hug. "Come in the both of you." His dad said letting us in. "And who is the beautiful girl?" His mum asked hugging me. "This is my girlfriend of 3 years, y/n." Joel told them making butterflies fill my stomach. "3 years?!" His mum exclaimed. I smiled. "You've only recently come back from travelling the world and I would've introduced you to her earlier but you've been busy and... so have we." Joel explained. "Well you right but I'm glad we've now finally met." His dad said as he also got a hug from me.

Joel pulled out a bag from behind him. "Happy Birthday mum." Joel said handing her the bag. "Happy birthday." I smiled as she hugged us both. "Thank you now let's go eat." She said taking my hand and leading me to the table. This isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I thought they weren't going to like me.

Joel's POV:
The two of us planned to stay for dinner with my parents. They made a meal that we all like (they asked me a few days before if y/n liked it and she does). We all sat around the table ready for the food. There were stories being told and laughs being heard across the table.

Y/n was excused from the table and while I had the chance I took the ring out of my pocket. "Mum? Dad? This is for y/n." I said showing them a ring. "A promise ring?" Mum asked. I shook my head as she gasped. "You're going to marry her?" She asked with her hand on her chest. I nodded my head. "That's the plan." I smiled. "That's my son." Dad said making us all laugh. "When were you thinking of doing it?" Mum asked. "Now." I smiled. "Good plan. I have an idea." She told me. I began to eat my food again.

Y/n returned to the table and we carried on eating. I noticed in the corner of my eye y/n picking at her food. "You ok there babe?" I asked. She gave me a confused look. "Joel?" She asked picking up the ring. I smiled then I got down on one knee in front of her. Y/n placed her hands over her mouth as tears brimmed her eyes. "Y/n will you marry me?" I asked as she nodded her head quickly. "Yes! 1 million times yes." She cried as I placed the ring on her finger. I love her so much.

A/n: thanks for the idea Ellie 🥺💙