Glick - one step at a time

Your POV:
It's my first day back at work and I'm nervous. Every time I've passed the tower and that certain parts of the beach I kept getting flashbacks from my injury which I got. It put me back a few months which wasn't the best.

Luckily I had my best friend Anthony there with me. He was there from day 1 really. He came to my doctors appointments and physio therapy sessions. He still does. I'm thankful for him.

I got dropped off by my flat mate, by the beach and decided to walk down the pavilion. It was much needed. I passed the rocks which gave me a horrible feeling. Before I walked into the tower I sat down on the bench as I needed to sit down for a little time and just think.

*flashback*

My body got thrown against the rocks and that's when I knew immediately something bad happened. I screamed out in pain. The pain was too much. It hurt. It felt like I got crushed by things. I was rescuing someone but I hope they're ok. I turned my head to see the person standing up with slight bumps and scrapes. "Help is on its way." He told me. "Thank you." I said just as a wave crashed against to rocks. I couldn't move.

Voices were heard. "We're here y/n. You're safe with us." Anthony said. I sighed in relief. "I can't feel my legs or feet." I exclaimed. "She can't feel her legs Singlets." Anthony told him. "Not good." He exclaimed.

A few others came. Deano and Reidy showed up. "She can't feel her legs." Anthony said. Their faces said it all. "How's the pain?" Deano asked crouching down. "Out of this world. I would say if 10 being the worst then 10." I winced. They all helped get me onto a board keeping me as safe as they could.

We got back to shore and the ambo crew were there. "I'll be right by your side y/n." Anthony said as he held my hand quickly in reassurance.

*end of flashback*

That was all I could think of as I headed towards the tower.

Anthony's POV:
The tower door opened and in walked y/n. "I wasn't expecting you to be back so early." I exclaimed walking over to hug her. She smiled. "The doctor said I could come back to work but only in the tower for about a month or two. So no rescuing people for a while." She told me. "I'm glad you're up and walking again." I smiled as we hugged.

The two of us walked further into the tower. "Guys look who's here!" I exclaimed. They cheered. "You arrived late." Reidy joked hugging me. "So glad to see you again." Jules said. Those two get on really well. Hoppo walked in. "Aw y/n! So good to have you back! We've all missed you." He said making us all laugh. "It's great to be back boss." She said getting a hug off of him. "This will be my seat for the next two months so I better get comfortable." She laughed. "Aw I'm sure you'll be able to do small jobs." Jules said. Y/n smiled. "I'll leave you two too it." I said grabbing my radio and heading out of the tower.

Your POV:
It was later in the day, Anthony and I were taking a walk along the beach. "How long do you think you'll be out from rescuing people?" He asked. "I know I said earlier about a month or two but it may be longer depending what the doctor says. They gave me that as an estimate." I explained. "You'll get there and we'll get you back in shape. One step at a time y/n." Anthony told me. He told me that every time we were together and it motivated me a lot during my though recovery.

A/n: so I made it onto maxi's and Hoppo's Instagram story 🥺🤭 can't actually believe it!