Reidy - gold

Requested by @roadmenareamoungus

Your POV:
It was my first time competing in the olympics. I trained so hard for this and my dream was finally coming true. We were competing in Rio (first place that came to mind) and I was in the swimming team. Dad helped me train. My dad is Andrew Reid. He's a lifeguard at bondi. He's also sporty so I got it from him. My family and Luke came to Rio to support me for a week and a bit.

*flashback*

I stood in front of the 1st place stand. My smile was through the roof. 3rd place and 2nd place got announced and it was now my turn. Tears brimmed my eyes. "And in first place for Australia, Y/n Reid!!" They said. Cheers erupted across the placed. I stood up onto where I needed to stand. They placed my gold medal around my neck handing me the stuffed toy of the Olympic mascot. "Thank you." I whispered. Soon the Australian anthem began to play. I let my tears slip as I've done my country proud and my family. My family and of course Luke were in the crowd that night to support me.

*end of flashback*

I arrived at Sydney airport. My best friend was there. "Omg I'm so proud of you y/n!" She exclaimed. "Dad and Luke don't know do they?" I asked. "Not one of them. It's safe with me." She smiled. She took my bag as we headed back to hers for the next few days.

- - - -

I came back from Rio about 2 days ago and one of those days was me actually arriving here. I'm going to visit my dad and Luke today. Dad and Luke doesn't even know I'm back. Luke and I share an apartment so I couldn't stay there so I stayed with a close friend. I took a shower and placed on my Olympic top that I was given. After getting ready I thank my friend grabbing my bag then quickly heading to mine and Luke's apartment to leave it there. Once I did that I headed down to bondi.

I walked into the tower knocking on the door. "Y/n!" Dad exclaimed. I smiled walking over to him. We hugged tightly. Dad came out to support me but came back about 2 weeks before the olympics ended. "I'm so proud of you." He mumbled as we hugged even more. "I won 1 gold medal, 3 silver and 2 bronze." I explained to them all. They all cheered. "You've done Australia good." Singlets said. I smiled. "I did my best." I smiled. "And that's all we asked for." Singlets told me. I had all my medals with me. I only wore my gold one but kept the others in a special place in a bag I bought with me. I handed them all my medals for them to look at. "Does Luke know you're here?" He asked. I shook my head. "No. He thinks I'm coming home in 2 days." I smiled.

Luke and I have been dating for nearly 2 years. He's helped me through all my training towards the olympics and has been ever so supportive. You need a supportive boyfriend and someone to hype you up. He does all of that. I've come home early to also surprise him.

Dad took me down to where Luke was at. "LUKE!" Dad shouted. Luke turned smiling like crazy. He also joined Reidy when they all came out to Rio to support me. Luke excused himself from who he was with and came jogging over towards us. He picked me up spinning me around. "My baby." He mumbled making me chuckle. I squeezed him tightly. He placed me down placing his hands either side of my face. "I'm so proud of you babe." He said making me smile. "Thank you." I smiled at him. Luke pressed his lips to mine kissing me softly. "Ok we don't need any of that." Dad said making us laugh. "I'll see you in a bit." I said to Luke. He smiled waving as he went back to the rhino. Reidy and I headed back up to the tower. I spent the time with my dad and the other lifeguards talking about my experience and the olympics in general.

I noticed Luke was heading back up to the tower so quickly went down to him. The rhino stopped as I approached. "Congrats y/n on the gold medal." Corey said. I smiled. "Thank you." I replied. "Here." Luke said patting his legs. I sat on his lap as Corey drove the rest of the way up to the tower. Luke and I jumped out then walked hand in hand up to the tower. He let go of my hand placing both of them on my shoulders. "Here's our gold medal winner!" Harries said. "Ahh I missed you." I said giving Harries a big hug. "You did us proud." He told me. I teared up. "Thank you all. I couldn't of done it without you all." I told them. They all gave me hugs. "Now if you excuse me, me and my princess have some catching up to do." Luke told the others grabbing my hand as we walked out of the tower. I've missed them all.

A/n: hope you like this and thank you for requesting!