Singlets - phone

Your POV:
There was a knock at my door. I opened the door seeing Trent standing there. "Morning y/n. Ready?" He asked. "Yeah all ready." I smiled placing my shoes on and heading out the door. I locked the door and began to walk with Trent. "So I was thinking maybe we should hang out sometime?" He suggested. I smiled. "I would love that." I said. We've been friends for years. We've bonded well over the years. The two of us got to work and began our shift.

It wasn't a busy day as there wasn't any international tourists (due to the current pandemic) but there were still some people down on the beach. "Let's go." Jackson said as we headed into the rhino. We got down to south end and I noticed someone stuck in a rip. I grabbed a board from the rack and paddled out to the person stuck in the rip. I helped them onto the board and got ourselves back to shore.

- - - -

Trent and I were sat in the tower on our lunch break. I ate my food outside earlier and now I had about 15 minutes left of my break. I was on my phone to my best friend Maya. I giggled a few times here and there. "Sooooo who're you texting?" Trent asked spinning around in his chair. "Oh it's nothing." I smiled. "It's something." He smiled as I giggled again. Before I knew it my phone was out of my hands and in his.

Trent's POV:
As I held her phone I saw the messages:

Trent's POV:As I held her phone I saw the messages:

Wow. She feels the same way as me. Y/n always has had a special place in my heart. She makes me happy and our friendship is one of a kind. Over the years my feelings towards her changed. I always get butterflies when I see here or hear her name. I think I love her. "Come with me." I said handing her phone over.

Your POV:
My cheeks went red. Now he knows. "Come with me." He said as we both got up and walked out of the tower. "Trent?" I said. Before we could say anything his lips were pressed to mine. His hands were either side of my face as we shared the moment. We pulled away and rested our foreheads together. "I like you y/n. I really do." He told me as we smiled. "So what does this make us?" I asked. He smiled. "Be my girlfriend y/n?" He asked. "Yes." I smiled as we shared another kiss. The two of us finished our shift and went on a date that night.