Jackson - over you

Your POV:
I'm on shift with my ex boyfriend today. Yeah. We haven't spoken much since our breakup so I hope nothing comes up later today.

I walked into the tower seeing most of the guys and Jules there. "Hey girl!" Jules said giving me a hug. I placed my bag down and took a seat. About 10 minutes later I turned around seeing Jackson walk in with Max and Jethro. He looked at me then quickly turned away. This is going to be a long day.

- - - -

Jackson and I were the only ones in the tower by this point. I had a feeling that the others could tell some tension was between us and left us alone to sort it out. "Max please don't leave." I pleaded as he walked out. "It's your problem now." He smirked leaving. I rolled my eyes. Great.

I picked up my binoculars looking out across the beach. Jackson sighed. "Y/n we can't keep ignoring one another." He said and I huffed. "Whatever." I mumbled. I wasn't in the mood for talking. "Are you seriously going to act like that?" He asked. "No I'm not in the mood to talk." I told him. "But you were fine talking to the others." He said. I went back to looking out across the beach. "Jackson we broke up!" I exclaimed. "I know and you need to get over it!" He snapped. I teared up a little. He saw. "Tears in my eyes don't mean there's pain Jackson." I told him. "I'm over you." I muttered under my breath. "Things aren't always what you seem and you can't always believe what you read." I said. "Social media just turns the story the other way." I added. "Someone told you that I was taking it rough but that's not true. They made it up." Jackson told me. "That's made up." I said. "There were times when I was down and you would see me break down. You would make me feel so much better. Thank you for that." He said. "I think we went a little fast in our relationship. It didn't work." I said. He nodded his head. "Yeah. I may have taken it rough for a day or two but not anymore." Jackson said. "Yeah I gathered." I replied.

We sat in silence for sometime. I called down to the lads on the beach saying there was people that needed to be rescued. "I don't want to be enimies y/n. I want us to be friends." Jackson spoke up with a small smile. I smiled back. "Ok lets start fresh." I told him. He raised his eyebrow. "Hey I'm y/n." I said with a smile. "I'm Jackson." He smiled.