Maxi - friend zone

Maxi's POV:
So I have a small crush on y/n who I work with. I have a feeling she doesn't like me like that. We both work as lifeguards down at bondi. It's always best to tell them instead of hide it so I plan to do that. She was up in the tower and I was down on the beach. A sudden urge of energy went through my body and I had the confidence to go up to the tower and ask her. So I did making my way up there.

Your POV:
I've heard that Maxi likes me. I just see him a brother to me. I feel bad that I'm going to break his heart. I was on shift with Maxi and a few of the others for the day. He was down on the beach with Luke, Jake N and Max A. I was up in the tower with my best friend Lachie. "So you and Maxi then hey?" He asked. I shook my head. "I like him as a friend and just see him as a brother." I sighed. "Oh." Lachie said. "I know and I'm going to break his heart. Maybe one day we may be an item but right at this moment in time I just see us as friends." I told Lachie. He nodded his head hugging me from the side.

Maxi walked into the tower. "Would you like to go out for dinner sometime?" Maxi asked with a smile. "Maxi I have a question." I told him. "Go ahead." He replied taking a seat next to me. "Do you like me more as a friend?" I asked. That's when I could tell by his reaction. He nodded his head. "Yeah I kinda do. I know I shouldn't have. But I totally understand if you don't feel the same way." He told me. I'm going to break his heart by doing this. "Maxi I like you as a friend and I see you as a brother." I told him. His face sank. "That's totally understandable. I totally get it." He stumbled on his words.

Maxi seemed down. I thought of an idea. "How about that dinner?" I asked. He smiled. "You still want too?" He asked. "Yeah sure but just as friends." I reminded him. "Yep of course." He smiled. "Then we'll see from there." I smiled. "Sounds good to me! Tonight?" He suggested. "Sure." I replied. We both sorted out the rest of the info by the end of our shifts before going home and getting ready for the night out.