Troy - last summer

Your POV:
Troy and I got close over the summer. We shared our moments and then what I thought when things were getting serious he clearly thought differently. It was a summer fling. Worst thing is, is that we work together. No one knew about it as far as I knew anyways. I'm just scared of what they would think if it got out.

The beach wasn't as busy today. I walked into the tower getting greeted by the ones that were in the tower. "Hey y/n." Jethro said with a smile. "Hey." I replied in return. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded my head and walked down the tower stairs to the buggy. Chris walked up the stairs passing me. "Was it Jethro?" He asked making me confused. I shrugged it off and got into the buggy with Jethro as he drove us down the north end. Just as we got there I saw someone struggling in the rip. I hopped out and grabbed the board off the rack making my way into the water.

I paddled out in the water and got over to the person before they went under. "Get on and face that way." I said pointing the direction they needed to face. Nope. They decided to do the opposite. I tried all I could to somehow show them but it never worked. I managed to get us both back to shore. "Swim between the red and yellow flags next time." I told them as they laughed. That made me so angry for some reason.

I walked back up into the tower. As I entered they all began to laugh. "It's not like y/n. She and someone on the team hooked up last summer." They joked. I looked over at Troy who was laughing with them. "I just don't see how that's funny." I questioned. They carried on laughing. "You just didn't seem like that kind of type... also I wonder who it was?" Chris laughed. He loved doing that to me. "Well if you actually knew what happened then you wouldn't be laughing." I told them all then walked out of the tower and headed into the buggy driving it down south end.

Troy took a seat next to me in the buggy. I knew what he was going to say. "I'm sorry about early y/n." He apologised. "It's best we not mention what actually happened last summer." I said making him agree. "You're right. I should've stood up to them." He smiled. We hugged it off and carried on with our shift for the day.