All lifeguards - lifeguard challenge

Requested by hazelsmith1994

A/n: this is from the Annual Lifeguard Challenge // S8 E11

Your POV:
Today I was getting taught some surfing tips by my work buddies. It's a week till the lifeguard challenged. I've been training for months but just need the extra tips. I took a shower then placed my swimwear and wetsuit on. I made myself a smoothie for breakfast. Once I finished with my morning routine I grabbed my surft board locking my door behind me then headed down to the beach. Mouse, Harries, Deano, Harrison, Reidy, Jethro, Quinn and Jesse all came down to the beach on their day off to give me some tips. "Morning y/n." Quinn said. I smiled placing my board down. We all huddled around and spoke about bits.

Then we all headed into the water. I walked into the water placingmy board down. I laid flat on my board paddling further out until a wave was coming. "Stand up!" I head Mouse shout so I did just when the wave came, I rode the wave falling off after. I did this a few times. We all spent a good few hours out in the surf then came back to shore. "You ready for this challenge?" Harries asked as he walked up to me. "Yes! I'll be down here for the next week practicing until the day arrives." I said making him laugh.

- - - -

The day has arrived. Today is the Lifeguard challenge and I'm hoping to come first. That's big for me but all I can do is hope and wish for the best I can do. I was standing by Harrison and Harries. We all were by the waters edge getting a talk from Hoppo. It was a sprint course and there were 3 laps to do. Each lap some of us would get illuminated and the group would get smaller. Jethro, Joel, Mouse and I were all lined up ready for our turn. "Jethro, Joel, Y/n and Mouse off you go." Hoppo said as we ran into the water.

I ran into the water diving in when I got further out. I swam the length that had to be done and came back to the sand. I grabbed my board running into the water. There was about 5 others in front of me as I paddled on my board. I ran out of the water and around the cones until I went past the finish line. Most of them got illuminated and there was about 7 of us left for the second lap. I was in that 7. We did it over again until 4 others got illuminated. Mouse, Quinn and I made the top 3. "3,2,1." Hoppo said as the three of us made our way into the water for the final time. We swam then took the board and did the final sprint. I ran around the final cone and made it to the finish with the two lads right behind me. "Y/n came first followed by Quinn then Mouse." Hoppo said. I smiled getting high fives from them all. "Well done." Quinn said. "You did great out there." Mouse said with a smile.

A/n: hope you like this and thank you for requesting!