Singlets - nothing like us

Your POV:
I invited my ex Trent over. He wanted to talk to me and I wanted to talk to him. We didn't end it on bad terms we just needed a break.

There was a knock on the door. I opened the door seeing Trent standing there. We hugged and I let him in. We walked over to the sofa and he took a seat. "Would you like a drink?" I asked as I was standing up. "Water please." He smiled. I got us both a glass of water.

I took a seat on the sofa opposite him. We sat in silence for a bit. "So umm?" I began as it felt a little awkward. "I've been thinking lately about what we had. It made me think about us. There's many things that I wish I could've done better." He began. "Trent? We both need to work on ourselves I think." I told him as he nodded his head. "I wish I could give you what you deserve you know? Life didn't want that. Nothing can ever replace you. I'll always love you y/n no matter what." He told me making me feel a little better.

We spoke about everything we had on our minds. "I struggle to relate to someone you know?" I mumbled. "Why do you need to relate yourself to someone? You're perfect to me. Who cares what people think?!" He exclaimed. He had a point. "There isn't going to be love like ours. There's nothing like you and me. I gave you everything well everything I could give anyways. I was so lost and confused. Why did you push me away?" He asked me.

I sighed. "I never pushed you away. People made it look like that but it was nothing like that. It's in the past now." I explained. "Was it worth it?" Trent asked dissing with his fingers. "You were more than worth it. I was so lucky to call you mine. We were so perfect." I smiled. "Perfect? Are you sure? That's a big word to describe what we had." He said making me nod my head. "I had plans. Big plans but life had other ideas. I'm sorry I wasn't the best person for you." Trent told me looking in my eyes.

I gave him a reassuring look. "You were the best person for me. I'm sure maybe sometime in the future we may get together again but I think we just need a break. It's been a tough year." I explained as he nodded his head in agreement. "A break will sort it out." He smiled. The two of us said our goodbyes. "If you need me I'm only a phone call away." Trent said before getting in his car. I nodded my head and watched him drive away. He was the best boyfriend I had.