Chappo - love someone

Inspired by the song 'When you love someone' by James TW... it is a slightly sad one so you may need your tissues for this as I teared up writing this :(

Chappo's POV:
Y/n and I haven't been 'in love' like we used to recently. Over the past few months we've drifted and she knows it. I've been staying at a friends of mine for the time being. We don't hate one another it's just how relationships are sometimes. We have 3 beautiful children together so it's going to be tough on them too. Our son, Brett who is 15 and the oldest out of the 3. Our daughter, Blake who is 10 and the youngest of our children, our son, Rowen who is 5. They're all what made our family complete.

I knocked at the door soon to it opening seeing y/n standing there with a smile. We greeted one another with a hug before we got settled. She knows what's coming. We took a seat at the table and began the long conversation. "You've noticed and I've noticed this, I think we're falling out of love." I told her. She nodded her head. "I've let you have some time and space to think about it all that's why I haven't been staying around." I explained.

We were childhood sweethearts but had an on off relationship with one another. "We've been together for years y/n. I will always love you remember that. You're a strong woman and I'm so proud of how far you've come. I can't thank you enough for what you've done for me and for our kids. Also bringing the kids into the world." I explained. "It takes two remember." She smiled as we laughed. "I just hope this doesn't ruin anything." I told her. She took a breath. "It won't." She smiled placing her hand on top of mine.

I saw the tears slip down her cheeks and they soon fell down mine. I pulled her into my arms. "Sorry about this." She said with a little chuckle. "No it's understandable." I told her as we hugged. "What about the kids?" She asked me. "I can have them on the weekends then on summer holidays or just holidays in general we can switch up the routine a little maybe but we can soft that near the time." I suggested. "Yeah that works for me." She smiled.

- - - -

I came over around noon and we decided to speak to the kids. "Brett! Blake! Rowen!" I called. They all came into the living room where we were both. "Take a seat." I told them and they did. Brett put his phone away. I think he could tell what was going on between us. Blake may know but Rowen may not understand properly.

The two of us looked at one another before staring back at the kids. "Your mum and I have had a long talk about this. There has been changes in this house. Things that you don't know about. You've got to believe us. It's all for the best." I explained. Y/n took my hand for support.

Brett shifted in his seat. "What's going on mum?" He asked. Y/n looked like she wanted to cry but had to hold it together for the kids. She sighed. "Sometimes moms and dads fall out of love." She told them all. Brett also looked like he wanted to cry too. Blake wasn't so happy but Rowen didn't know how to act.

Your POV:
My heart broke. I wasn't sure how they were going to take this. I took hold of Brett's hand. He squeezed my hand. "Sometimes two homes are better than one." Chris said. "Wait are we moving house?" Rowen asked with a smile. "No sweetie." I told him. My poor heart. "What are you trying to tell us?" Blake asked. "Well Blake, mum and dad don't love one another like they used to anymore." Chris told her. Tears began to fall down her cheeks.

My arms pulled Blake into a hug holding her tight. "So what happens now?" Brett asked. Chris sighed. "Your room will stay the same. You'll only be away on the weekends as you'll be with me. I found a house about 15 minutes away from here so I'm not far." He told them. "But please don't leave daddy." Blake sobbed. "I'm never leaving." He told her. She smiled weakly.

I picked up Rowen and sat him on my lap. "We'll always love you no matter what. Daddy won't be far from you so you can visit him whenever you would like too. This has been hard for us both and for you three now." I explained. "But if you want to talk and cry please come speak to one of us so we can help. Please don't bottle it up." I said wiping the tears in my eyes. "Family hug?" Chris said. We all have one big hug to each other. This was family even if things weren't perfect.