Debate 「Kari」

I exhaled, repositioning myself in the wooden chair as my mother filled my plate with food. I felt bad for what I had just done, but I wasn't willing to tell them the truth. The condition I saw Alex in was horrible, and I thought it'd be best if I let whatever is going on with her to herself.

"How is she?" Mom asked, placing a bottle of maple syrup in the center of the table. "Was she throwing up or anything?"

"Like I said, she just doesn't feel too well." I replied. "Probably just indigestion from last night's chips or something."

"Did you girls have fun last night?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Did you get enough sleep?"

"No." Skie blurted, whining childishly.

"You got plenty." I sighed, digging a bit of eggs out of the pan to my left. "So what are we doing today?"

"Shopping, unless Alex doesn't get any better." Mom smiled, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Alright." I sighed, munching on a piece of bacon. "What are we going to get?"

"Just the usual. I'm going to need to cook for an army of three now, so I'll need more groceries. You can get some more snacks too if you need some."

"I call Oreos!" Skie yelled, raising her hand.

"Okay, okay. Chill. I'll get you some Oreos. What kind?"

"Birthday cake."

"Eww- what? Why not something chocolate?"

"Well maybe I don't like chocolate."

"Hey mom?" I asked, poking her arm.

"Wha-?" She mumbled through her food-filled mouth.

"Can we trade her in for another one?"

~

[A/N]: oh hi. suppppppppp okay sorry this is late but SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS MAN! PRIORITIES! Also, sorry for any mistakes •^•