Testing 「Kari」

I couldn't sleep a wink the rest of the night, Skie's body warmth keeping me awake. I jolted from my sleep seconds before my alarm went off, rewarding a groan from Skie. There was a hint of syrup in the air, which suggested Mom had made pancakes.

"Get up." I whined, rolling out of the sleeping bag.

"Why is there even an alarm clock in hereeee?" Skie mumbled, squirming around.

"Just shut up." I sighed, yanking the bag from her. "We get free breakfast so come on."

"Wait, what? I wasn't informed of this."

"Just come on."

I waddled over to the kitchen, Skie following shortly behind as would a duckling, and took the seat closest to the edge. There was no sign of Alex, so I assumed she was located somewhere else in the house.

"What are we having?" Skie asked, plopping herself down in the chair next to mine.

"Pancakes." My mom smiled, scooting something around in a pan. "And some bacon and eggs as well. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I've only had pancakes a few times, but they've been pretty good. And I'm used to eggs and bacon."

"Oh, and can you girls go get Alex? She went up to use the restroom a minute ago. Just tell her it's almost ready."

"Alright." I blurted, raising my hand. "If I'm gone for too long, you have permission to call the cops."

"Or we can just go find you."

"That too."

~

[A/N]: sorry if this chap is a bit short •3• I'm not wanting to spoil what's about to happen yet. yay for suspense. anyway. meh. boopity BOOP next chap~
Also, sorry if there's any mistakes x3