Diverge 「Skie」

I forced my breaths slowly, attempting to configure my heartbeat to a reasonable pace as Kari unlocked the stall door, hanging her head to the floor. She pressed her body against the door, allowing me to exit by her. Our eye contact was little to none as I pushed the restroom door open, walking out.

"Yeah, sorry." I smiled best I could as I faced Terrence. "I guess we need to leave now. Her mom's probably worried."

"O-okay." He stuttered, backing away towards the counter. "It was nice to meet you guys."

"Same here." Alex waved, leading herself to the entrance. "We'll see you around I guess."

"Hopefully."

I nudged Alex, pushing the front door open and leaving the arcade as they both followed behind. We walked down the sidewalk in personal silence, as the only noise being created was by those around us.

I could hear only Alex's breathing, as Kari was had probably restrained hers to calm herself down after the incident that had just occurred. It felt odd to know that two people were behind me, yet only one could be heard. I kept having to force off the urge to look back and check to make sure she was there, sure that she hadn't left me, and it tore at me.

"You okay?" I heard Alex ask Kari, a faint patting sound to be heard.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied lowly. "Just tired."

"You sure?"

Dammit Alex, leave her alone.

"Positive."

"Okay, just making sure. You look a little pale to me though. Do you feel alright?"

"Yeah, just a little worn out from all the running around during laser tag probably."

Alex sighed, seeming satisfied as she sped up to walk beside me. She soon met my side, turning her head to face me and poking my back.

"And are you alright?" She asked, gazing into my eyes intently.

"Uhh- yeah..?"

~

[A/N]: time to sleeeep! Night night!

#SorryForAnyMistakes