Timing 「Skie」

Quickly gulping down my last bite of breakfast, I stood from the table, entering the living room.

"What do I need to wear?" I asked, pulling my socks from my feet. "Do you guys have any clothes I can borrow?"

"You can just stay here." Kari's mother smiled. "Alex probably needs somebody to stay here with her, and I trust you more than I do this demon over here."

"H-hey!" Kari stuttered, shoving her mouth full with a bite of eggs

"Can you guys get me some clothes while you're out? I wear a medium in most things."

"Alright. Anything else? Restroom items or anything?"

"No, I think I'm good. Just don't forget the Oreos, demon."

"S-shut up!"

They both soon left, leaving me to awkwardly dwell in the silence of this new world. I was incredibly curious, tempted by the closed door on the sides of the hallway. I held it in, however, prioritizing Alex in whatever condition she was in.

"H-hello?" I muttered, lightly knocking my knuckles against the wooden door. "You okay..?"

"Yeah..." She mumbled, emitting a sniffle.

"Need anything?"

"Water, please."

"A-alright."

I sighed, waddling down the hall to the refrigerator and slinging it open. There was a complete shelf in the door dedicated to water bottles, flavored and carbonated included. I assumed she meant she wanted normal water, so I searched until I found a bottle that was simply purified, snatching it. I then retraced my steps, falling back into my position facing the door, knocking again.

"Open up bruh. I got chu dem drugs." I murmured, emphasizing an awkward accent.

"Just come in." She exhaled, slinging the door open. Her eyes were puffy and red, as if she'd been crying, but she seemed calm now, even smiling as I handed her the beverage.

"I know I've already asked this, but are you okay?"

"Yeah...I'm fine."

~

[A/N]: HNGHHHH IM SO READY TO BREAK ALL YOUR LITTLE HEARTS </3 DONT HATE ME AFTERWARDS PLEASE ;~; also sorry if there's any mistakes •3• boop. NEXT CHAPPEROO MY CHILDREN! ONWARD!