Uncertainty 「Skie」

I averted my gaze, breaking away from the kiss.

"Thanks." I mumbled, wiping my mouth and smirking. My eyes met Kari's dad's, which were widened in disbelief. "You can g-"

My speech was caught in my thought as I was rammed to the side, against the wall. I struggled to free myself, but was quickly restrained.

"What the hell?!" My mom screamed. "Why do you two keep-"

I filtered her voice from my ears, looking up to see a bulky figure guarding me from her outburst. I was astounded as I realized that I had been shielded by Kari's father.

"Thank you." I smiled, examining his face.

"Yeah- no problem." He whispered. "Your mom is a total psycho."

"Agreed."

Silence soon flooded the air as my mom realized she had been defeated, sighing angrily. We both giggled secretly, parting.

"Ready to go, kiddo?" He asked humbly.

"Sure." Kari murmured, her head pointed to the ground.

"I wasn't talking to you."

"Wha-"

"Would your 'friend' like to come home with us? You can grab the couch potato too."

My eyes widened as those words left his lips, my mouth dropping open. I was left speechless by his offer. The thought of being able to escape this hell hole and even live with Kari seemed unreal. I glanced over to my mom, who seemed unaffected.

"Alright, sure."

~

[A/N]: sorry it's short. Had to write this while doing christmas things. Meh. Also I slept till like 2pm today. Oh, and Merry Christmas! Boooooooop.