Distance 「Skie」

Kari's mother slammed the driver side door, clipping her seatbelt into the provided socket and adjusting the shift.

"Do you guys need any air conditioning?" She asked, reaching her hand out to touch the display.

"Cool, please." Kari muttered, her face continuing to point frontward. "I feel a bit uncomfortably warm."

It seemed a bit odd, seeing that it was almost freezing outside and there was a chance of snow, an event we occasionally experienced in Japan. The only thing my perverted self could figure was that she was turned on, which seemed unlikely for this setting. It wasn't like I'd attempted to rape her, or had even gotten suggestively close to her for that matter, but I didn't want it to be anything serious like a cold. It'd be miserable, having to nurse her in a place I'd never been before with people I had barely met. I was determined to talk to her later in order to discover what is wrong with her, whether it hurt me or not.

I sighed, crossing my legs and leaning my head back as we exited the parking lot, driving out onto the barren street. Diving my hand into my pocket, I fished my phone out, glancing at its screen.

No notifications.

No drama,

But nothing to do...

"Here." I mumbled, opening the Flappy Bird app and throwing it to Alex. "Have fun and don't break it."

She failed to catch it, causing it to hit her lap silently. I received a slight glare in return as she picked up the device and began tapping the screen. I smiled at my small victory, closing my eyes as I drifted into a dream-like state...that is, until she decided to ruin my happiness.

"Hey, Skie, you got a message from that 'Preston' guy. Is he like your boyfriend now or something?"

~

[A/N]: that awk moment when you write better sentences than everyone in your class ._. Oops, my bad for being a decent writer. Seriously though. You need to be able to do TEH sexy sentences if you want to be cool liek meh. Join the club mah frands. *grabs cupcakes* there's these too :3