Conversations 「Kari」

Mom led us to the car quite swiftly, obviously eager to be able to set us aside for a day and allow her to run around town. I wasn't going to be one to assume anything, but I knew deep down she's probably do something illegal, probably making a friend or getting in jail. Ya know, the usual I used to experience before we took the trip to Japan.

"So, Mom." I began, clearing my throat as I rammed the passenger door shut. "What are you going to be doing while we're at school. Won't you be a bit lonely without us here to bother you?"

"Oh, you don't bother me, sweetie." She exclaimed almost on instinct as she slid the clanking keys into the ignition, causing a loud, repetitive ding to begin sounding. "And trust me, I have plenty of things I want to try. Probably shop a bit, get you girls some more snacks, some ingredients to use to cook dinner for tonight, stuff like that. Maybe even some surprises. Who knows?"

"Just don't get in trouble, alright? And if you start hurting or anything call the school or the hospital, since we could probably help you quicker than the doctors could."

"Alright alright, sounds good." She smiled, turning out of the parking lot and onto the main road. "So...do you remember how we got to the school last time?"

"Go to McDonald's and then right and first left after that."

"So your mom used restaurants as reference." I heard Skie snicker, which was quickly silenced as my mom spoke.

"Okay thanks. Oh, and yes, that is how we do things in America, Miss Backseat Driver."

"I didn't think she'd hear that..." Skie mumbled, her hand gripping the side of my seat.

"Well, you did practically yell it." I commented, poking her hand. "Now let go before you cause us to wreck."

"That's not how that works."

"Maybe in America it is. Don't assume things."

"I'm pretty sure that's still not true."

"Whatever."

~

[A/N]: incredibly sorry for no chaps! I was sick and had to go to the doctor to get a butt shot(hehe) and felt extremely sick afterwards :[ please forgive me. I'll try to pick up the pace.