Acquaintance 「Skie」

We soon arrived at the airport, Kari's dad carrying Alex as if she was a baby as we entered through the threshold.

"We should be able to head straight to the terminal." He stated. "The plane leaves in twenty minutes. I didn't plan to bring the two extras along, but I can sneak you guys in."

He winked to me as his speech stopped, making me feel embarrassed.

"Alrighty!" Kari replied, looping her arm around mine. "Let's head that way!"

She pulled me through large crowds, leading me to a food court and grabbing a table. I pulled the chair out hastily and sat down.

"You seem pretty close to your dad..." I muttered quietly. "He seems nice."

"Yeah." She smiled, seating herself. "He's more of a brother than a father to me. We've been really close since I was little, keeping secrets and being really open with each other. He and my mother are both really open and caring toward me."

I couldn't help but smile along with her. I hadn't realized how happy this had made her until now. The atmosphere around her was so cheerful and bubbly, you couldn't possibly resist being around her. I reached under the table to find her hand, longing for her warmth, and was surprised when I felt it touch mine. I intertwined our fingers, clutching her hand firmly, but also gently so not to hurt her.

"Hey Skie?" She asked suddenly, causing me to jump. "Why do you love me?"

I bit my lip, trying to obtain the courage to say something, and looked into her eyes. I then sighed, looking to my lap and fiddled through my pocket to find my phone, fishing it out and opening a new message. I felt her eyes follow my every move as I quickly typed my message, leaving the text open and turning the phone to her, smiling.

because you're perfect :]