History 「Skie」

[pre-A/N]: at the time I am writing this chapter, it is 3/6/15, meaning it doesn't count for 3/5/15, meaning I have let you all down and not written a chapter every day. ;/ but it is also 12am, so I think it still counts haha. but hey, backstory babes!

~

"No- don't ask!" I whispered frustratedly, slapping her knee as best I could to get her attention.

"Ow- God! Maybe I'm just curious! I have the right to ask!" She muttered in reply, looking down to give me a glare.

"I can tell, Skie, it's fine." Alex sighed, the sound of her gun clipping into its holster echoing through the walls.

"Just don't tell too much so that it makes you uncomfortable, okay?"

"Alright Mom, I got this."

"H-hey!"

"Just shut up and come around here."

I quickly grabbed Kari's legs, yanking her securely onto my shoulders and squatting down to let her place her feet on the ground. She dismounted rather clumsily, losing her balance a bit when she did, but overall the action was successful.

"A bit gentler next time." She commented, turning the corner in front of us. "I'm a fragile duckling."

"I thought you said you weren't a duckling."

"Not an ugly one, but I could secretly be a duck."

"Oh...okay..?"

"Anyway..." Alex trailed, clearing her throat and effectively changing the subject of the conversation. "When I was young my father was a really nice man. Ever since I was born, he stayed by my side like every good father would, protecting me from the foulness that the world had to offer."

A smile formed upon the crevice between her lips as she ended her statement, her eyes trailing to her lap.

"But I guess he just thought too much of me and not enough of himself." She spoke quieter, her tone of voice changing drastically. "His terms with my mother weren't the best after a while and she kept saying he was trying to isolate me from everything. A few things happened, he got with the wrong crowd, and vanished without a word when all he wanted was a happy, pure family. And I guess that's it."

"Oh- I didn't know." Kari mumbled, looking to her feet. "...Sorry."

"No, it's fine." She grinned as if nothing had happened. "You'd have to know eventually."

"Yeah, I guess."

~

[A/N]: my mood while writing this chapter went from decent to pissed really fast due to what I hear right now. if you put the things together (12am, home with my mom and her ex-boyfriend who is an ass, and suggestive sounds) you know what I mean.

Sorry for any mistakes!