Ride 2.0 「Skie」

I settled myself in the back of Kari's mother's car, buckling the seatbelt across my chest. The two were arguing in the front seat before her mother started the engine of the car, resting her palms on the wheel.

"Let's just go." She sighed. "We'll talk about it after we get there."

"Alright, fine." Kari sighed. "Go."

Her foot rammed into the pedal beneath the seating, sending us out of the parking lot. Silence filled the car as we zoomed past the opposing vehicles, my vision focusing on the backdrop behind them.

"You okay?" Alex muttered, poking my arm.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled, not bothering to turn my head. "I just don't enjoy car rides."

"Oh, okay."

Resting my chin on my palm, my attention was captured by few things, maybe a dog or two dragging its owner down the sidewalk.

"I'm going to drive by a few places first, and you guys need to choose which one looks more appealing, okay?"

"Alright." Kari replied, seemingly uninterested.

Nobody really wanted to do anything right now, due to the fact that we all were still mostly asleep. I had the urge to drift into sleep at any moment, but I didn't want to be excluded in the voting process.

"The first place is around the corner." Kari's mom commented. "I think it's where Kari went before since it's so close."

"So you don't remember?" Kari sighed in agitation. "Such a loving parent."

"Oh, will you hush. I was joking, alright? It is."

"Then go ahead and pass it."

"Why?"

"We aren't going there."

[A/N]: I've been spending all of today doing citrus scanalations =~= so I'm super tired. night.

Sorry for any mistakes!