Shifted 「Skie」

"Where even is the other building?" Kari blurted, seeming upset. "I haven't seen anything besides this huge castle-thing that we're in right now. Why would I want to walk a huge distance to get between classes just because I might have different scores than other people?"

"Now Miss Overstreet." The man sighed in attempt to calm her.

"And how do you know my last name?"

"I know your mother right there." He exhaled, pointing.

"W- how?"

"I would like to know as well..." Kari's mother expressed vocally, voicing a bit of concern. "I don't believe I know you."

"Your husband is a multi-industry businessman, correct?"

"Ex... But, yes."

"Well I'm sorry to hear that, but aside from that, he owns a large financial investment within the company that established this school, so we have great respect for him. His name is known quite well around campus as well. That might get you some bonus points with the cool kids." He smirked, glancing to Kari.

"Exactly how much does your dad own..?" I muttered, a bit surprised. "He might as well own the world by the sound of it."

"Not that much." The man chuckled, gripping his stomach to emphasize the humor he found from the statement. "His company just managed projects in local areas that are constructed to meet the needs of upper-class families, such as schools, car lots, hotels, anything of that sort."

"A quick question, first." Kari spoke, stepping forward. "If I were to go to said school, would I get like, fancy founder's-daughter benefits?"

"Well...I guess we could arrange something if that would be a thing you desire..."

"Okay then, I'm in."

~

[A/N]: life is lonely weh.

Sorry for any mistakes!