Scheme 「Skie」

We followed Kailee out of the guidance office, turning a sharp right as she led us down the hall.

"She should be able to get you a full schedule by the end of this block." She smiled, glancing over her shoulder as if to check to see if we had run from her.

"Block?" I asked, a bit confused by the title of what I assumed was a class. I had never heard this term used for a school session, so it threw me off guard.

"Yeah, I know right! It's like super-sadistic to call it that! Like they're putting us in prison of something! They used to call it periods a few years back in the elementary school, but I guess kids giggled twenty-four seven. Nobody really knows."

"And you talk a lot." Kari muttered under her breath beside me, which made it to where I couldn't resist the urge to snicker.

"Be nice to her!" I whispered in reply, nudging her shoulder. "Americans seem to have more interesting lives, so they have a right to be loud."

"Nah, I think she's just loud because she can be."

"Whatever."

I glanced back to Kailee, who was nearing a door on the side of the hall, with no other doors in sight and just a few sets of lockers here and there.

"Here we are." She spoke, knocking on the barrier lightly before being greeted by a nicely dressed man who worked to escort us in.

"Welcome, young ladies." He spoke lowly, smiling as we passed him and approached the center of the room.

All the eyes of the students, although very few, were glued to us as we approached the desk of a person I assumed to be Mrs. Brown.

"Welcome." She spoke sternly, yet kindly. "Are these the new students, Kailee?"

"Yes ma'am." She replied, glancing up to meet the eyes of Mrs. Brown before gazing to the floor. "Where would you like them to sit... m-ma'am?"

"There are open spots near your table, correct? Let them sit with you until they get adjusted, alright?"

"Yes'm..."

~

[A/N]: hullo haha XD i'm writing this on the same day as the last one, so >.< the teacher seems so strict >:[ what'cha think..? dont judge me haha. I'm binge writing x3 anyway, just so you guys know, I love you all and am willing to talk to you whenever you need to talk, no matter what :) okay, anyway, have a good daynighteveningnoonaftersufsdjfnsdkjfn idk.

Sorry for any mistakes! :D