Meal 「Kari」

After leaving the lot and going through the complicated process of exiting the gate to get back to our car, Mom agreed to treat us to a cheap meal from a drive-thru restaurant somewhere on the way back. I didn't have much of an appetite at the moment due to the fact that I was too excited to be able to attend the super-expensive-looking, high- class high school we had just left. It still seemed too good to be true, honestly, but I knew it would be a great experience to have.

"So, what do you girls want to have to eat?" Mom asked, glancing in the mirror to make indirect eye contact with Alex and Skie.

"What kind of restaurants do you have?" Skie asked, lifting her chin up. "Anything I would like?"

"Most of it's the same, Hun. Fried chicken, hamburgers, anything the stereotypical American would eat."

"How about McDonalds?" She asked. "I'll eat that."

"Okay. Is that fine with you, my fabulous, privileged daughter?" My mom chuckled as she turned down a main road.

"Yeah...that's fine." I mumbled, looking down to my lap to express my disinterest. I wasn't a huge fan of any large fast-food chains in America, and I was more likely to eat some cheap Asian food than a fatty, greasy cheeseburger. Nothing appealed to me in the basic taste of fast food, the obvious fakeness and mystery meat being a bit scary in my opinion. I didn't trust rumors about "pink goo" used for chicken nuggets or whatever else, but I still preferred to stay away.

"What does everybody want, then?" Mom questioned, smiling as she turned the blinker on to signal other drivers.

"A chicken sandwich is fine with me." Skie spoke flawlessly. "And Alex wants a McRib."

"Combos on both?"

"Yes please."

"And drinks?"

"Both Cokes."

"Okay, got it. And what for you, Grump-us." She sighed, a bit of concern washing over her face as she glanced at my posture.

"Just a cheeseburger. Water, please."

~

[A/N]: lol I wrote this in bed haha.

Sorry for any mistakes!