Bitter 「Skie」

I woke to an annoyingly radiant ray of sun, my hand resting lightly in the palm of another, which I soon discovered to be Kari. She was still asleep, luckily, so I was able to lift myself from the floor without being bothered.

My back was quite sore from the carpet, which was expected, but lack any pleasance. Placing my fingers along my spine, I attempted to pop my neck, which only worsened the pain.

After cursing lowly to myself, I straightened my posture, glancing down to Kari to ensure she was indeed asleep. Her face was incredibly adorable, so I assumed she was at least doing a good job of faking it, if not fully asleep.

I poked her cheek lightly, earning myself a grunt as I lowered myself to my knees. Glancing back to Alex to ensure that she was asleep as well, I swiftly cupped my hand under Kari's cheek, pecking her lips lightly before shooting myself from the ground and turning the other way to avoid suspicion.

"That was cute." A female voice smirked audibly, the sound of fabric ruffling to be heard.

My head shot around instantly, catching a glimpse of a darkened figure.

"Oh- hi..." I muttered awkwardly, twiddling my thumbs. "You saw that..?"

"Nah." Kari's mother replied. "Didn't see a thing. Promise."

"Horrible lying skills." I sighed. "It's the same for both of you."

"I thought I a nice job, actually."

"You wish."

"So, kiddo, you ready for school?"

"Oh...that starts today doesn't it..."

"Yup, so you need to wake the others up and get dressed. These uniforms are pretty cute to me. I'd like to see you girls wear them."

"O-okay. You want to help me get them up?"

"Sure!"

~

[A/N]: no chap yesterday bc I had no inspiration sorry :/ also sorry for that sudden time skip but I didn't want to hold that out for too much longer. sigh.

Sorry for any mistakes!