Charred 「Skie」

"Going light, I see." Kari's mother commented as she drove up to the speaker. "Not on a diet, are we?"

"Nope." Kari replied, sighing. "I'm not that desperate."

"And what does that mean? What would you be desperate for? Don't you already have a girlfriend?"

"I-It's not like that- Mom!" She shouted as her voice cracked from embarrassment.

"You sure~?"

"Positive!"

Their conversation was interrupted as the speaker broke into a static-y prerecorded message that requested our order. Kari's mother cleared her throat accordingly as she heard it, raising her voice.

"Uhh- yes, I would like a McRib and a chicken sandwich. Combos on both with Cokes to drink." She paused for a bit, waiting to see the items appear on the screen before continuing. "And then I would like a cheeseburger combo with a water and a BigMac combo with a DrPepper."

"Fries with all of those?"

"Yes please."

"Alrighty. Is that all?" The voice responded overly-cheerful, the sound of other people talking in the background.

"Yes, that is it."

The cashier announced the total, informing us to drive around to the first window when possible. There were a few cars in front of us, so we would have to wait a minute before we could pay and get our food, which meant there would either be an awkward silence the whole time, or an awkward conversation.

"Well, girls." Kari's mom started as she glanced up at the mirror placed on the top of the car's interior. "How did you like the school we visited?"

"It was really-"

"I wasn't talking to you." She sighed aggressively as she glared at Kari. "Skie?"

"It was...okay, I guess."

~

[A/N]: my thumb hurts and my everything hurts call amberlamps

Sorry for any mistakes!