Ride 「Kari」

I swiftly slammed the passenger side door shut as I adjusted my seat, pulling it forward to ensure the comfort of Skie's legs.

"Do you have enough room?" I asked nervously, using the buckling of my seatbelt as an excuse to look back at her.

She seemed calm, her legs crossed and her shoulders relaxed as she loosened her grip on her phone, resting it atop her lap.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled, our eyes meeting as she glanced up to acknowledge me. The creases of her lips melted me a bit on the inside, I swear. They made a beautiful curve that separated top from bottom cleanly, showing a glimpse of white behind them. The latter, gleaming in the dimming rays of sunlight that beamed through the cheaply-made window of the vehicle. All of this was mouth-watering, sure, but...

It was just tempting me to do something I didn't need to.

I didn't want to fall for her...

Not yet, anyway.

I shuffled myself back around the seat, repositioning my body so that I'd be facing forward, able to clear my head of unwanted thoughts. My mother turned the keys in the ignition, revving the motor, which created a soothing vibration that could be easily felt.

"Can I sleep in here until we get home?" I mumbled to her, leaning my head against the leather strap holding me to the seat.

"Yeah, I guess." She sighed, gripping her slender fingers around the wheel. "Just don't be grumpy when I wake you up."

"Then carry me." I joked. "I'm not making any promises."

"I'll carry you!" Skie shouted, placing her chin on the edge of the seat's backing and wrapping her arms around it. "Sounds fun!"

I blushed lightly as her fingertips touched my skin, turning my head in attempt to pay it no mind.

"N-no thanks." I managed to breathe, scooting over to lose the contact. "I'm good."

Actually, I'm not good.

What is wrong with me all of a sudden?

~

[A/N]: oh hi. I'm better from yesterday/last night, guys, so you don't have to worry. a few things just happened suddenly and it didn't fall in my favor. Thanks to _animeow for cheering me up though! Much appreciated :3 also thanks to school for attempting to give me the flu <3 much love.