Awkward 「Skie」

I hadn't realized that students were beginning to head to class until I felt the stares of other upon my back. I back away from Kari, embarrassed to say the least, and began walking down the hall with her. "What's your first class?" I asked nervously, hoping for a pleasing result. "Ehh- C-H-E-M. What's that?" "Chemistry, idiot."
"What do you have, sis?"
"Why am I your sister now?"
"Just answer the question!" She said with a pouty expression.
"Same." I replied with a sigh.
I don't see why I was acting like being in her class was the worst thing in the world. I wanted to spend time with her, as much as possible. I knew my mom would distance us as much as she could, so I needed to cherish the time we had together that didn't involve her.

"Come on!" I yelled as I grabbed her hand and led her down the hallway.
"What's your locker number?"
"327." She replied nervously.
"You're 2 lockers away from me." I smiled. "But you have a top locker. I'm jealous."
"Is that a good thing?"
"Nope." I said sarcastically.
"I'm going to assume you're lying."
"Dammit. Saw right through me." I laughed. This feeling was amazing. It was as if we were the only two people in the world. That was, until I met eyes with Alex.

"Heya guys!" She said with a smile.
"Hi...Alex." I responded.
"What's the matter? Did I ruin the moment?" A sinister smile formed from her crease.
"N-no, it's fine." I replied. "What do you need?"
Her eyes were burning into mine. I could tell she didn't like me being with Kari. We've been good friends since third grade, and we were pretty close until just recently, since she's been busy with student council, but I don't understand why she would be acting this way.
"Oh, the principal just needed to see you, and he sent me to get you. Will your 'friend' be okay while we're gone."
"Yeah, she should be. Kari, the chemistry room is the second door on the right after the lockers. Tell the teacher that I'll be late. It shouldn't take long."

And with that, we parted ways.

I followed Alex back towards the office, but she stopped at the door to the student council. "I need to go grab some paperwork, so if you'd like, you can come with me." Her attitude seemed completely different than before. She was nicer now, and smiled charmingly, sure to get the heart of any guy. Her real smiles were unbeaten.

"Come on!" She said playfully as she grabbed my hand and gently closed the door behind me. Her hand clenched mine as she led me towards her desk. "Give me a second and I'll be done." She smiled, dragging her finger tips on mine. She wasn't heading towards her desk, though. She stood in front of me for a few seconds, holding the contact of our fingers. She began getting closer to me, causing me to stumble back against her desk. Her neck stretched, she positioned her mouth against the tip of my ear.

"I lied."