Covered 「Kari」

Skie eventually seated herself at the table, resting her tray in front of her as she slid into position.

"Well hey there." I smiled as she looked up from the floor, meeting my gaze. "How are you?"

"Pretty good I suppose. How was second block?"

"You mean the class you missed..?"

"Yeah...about that- see, there's was this janitor person in the bathroom and we had to wait and by the time we got ready the bell rang and the person told us that we couldn't go to our classes now so we snuck out and hung with him."

"Oh really?" Kailee replied for me as Alex soon arrived. "Sounds crazy."

"What sounds crazy?" Alex asked as she seated herself a seat away from Skie.

"Oh- I told them what happened and why we couldn't come to class. They understood."

"Really?"

"Uh- yeah." Skie replied. Her tone had changed a bit since her first statement, and the aura between the two wasn't exactly friendly. How they were acting didn't really follow along with their story, but they were never super friendly with each other anyway.

"You guys need to hurry up." Kailee spoke, clearing her throat to get their attention. "Since you guys were late, you'll have to stop by class and give him an excuse for being absent."

"I thought he didn't count them absent?" I asked, biting into a bit of my food afterwards.

"Did he not?"

"Err- I don't think so..?"

"We probably won't go then." Skie sighed in relief. "Wouldn't want to be late to two classes, right?"

"Yeah...right, bu-"

My voice was cut off by the sounding of the bell, alerting us to continue on with our classes. I followed Kailee to the disposal area and threw all of my trash away, glancing back as Skie shoved the rest of her food in her mouth and bolted outside the cafeteria doors.

"She seems to be in a hurry..." I commented as I walked alongside Kailee, who kept glancing over to me from time to time, giving me the indication that she wanted tell me something.

"Uhh...Kari..?" She spoke, tugging on my jacket sleeve lightly.

"Hmm..?"

"Can you come here for a second..?"

She led me to the end of the line entering into the next class, separating me from Skie and Alex, who were both spaced more toward the front.

"What do you need?"

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that I didn't really believe Skie's story. It didn't make sense to me."

"Why not..?"

"We don't really have any daytime janitors here... Only on weekends."

~

[A/N]: YOOOO I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER SORRY AND ITS LIKE 1AM AND IM HIDING IN THE BATHROOM HELP.

THAT BITCH KAILEE IS A DETECTIVE UP IN HERE ERMERGERD •o•

SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKOOOOES