Explained 「Kari」

"I was there with my mom and dad since they were still together at the time and they each had desired jobs." I spoke, smiling awkwardly. "It was around the holidays and he had a meeting to go to in Japan, so we rented part of the company house there and stayed a bit longer after he had finished. A few things happened, they got in a fight, and so my dad left us there as he moved back to America. A few years later, my mom had saved up enough money to buy a plane ticket and search for him, so she left me with one of my father's coworkers that liked her. I wasn't happy with the environment I was in, although it was quite classy, so I ran away and lived in the alleyway your mom found me in for a few days."

"So she might as well have been your savior?" Skie asked, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"Yeah, I suppose so."

"But how did your dad know where to find you?" Alex asked, tilting her head.

"They had probably put a thing in the news or something, and I guess Skie's mom called in and reported that she had me."

"And they wouldn't suspect her of anything?"

"I don't think so. My dad probably had her explain everything. He could cover for anything they tried to accuse her of."

"Who knows if she told the truth or not, though." Skie sighed, resting her chin on her palm.

"Why do you say that? She seemed to like him enough."

"She doesn't trust men in general."

"Oooh, right. The thing with Preston's dad."

"Yeaaah."

"Have you talked to your mom recently?" I asked her, glancing to her phone which was resting on the table.

"Well- no...but-"

"You probably need to call her and tell her how you're doing." I interrupted. "I bet she's worried about you."

"Okay...fine."

~

[A/N]: hi I'm still in a bit of a bad mood sorry :/

Sorry for any mistakes!