Rude 「Kari」

I sat up in the bed, not knowing where I was. Skie and another girl were staring at me, and I assumed it was the nurse, since she had the fitting attire.

"Hey." Skie smiled, almost looking relieved as she stood up from her bed. Her body was covered in bandages and bruises, scratch marks and a bit of blood could be seen. They didn't seem to phase her, though, as she trotted over to my bed and hugged my upper body. Her grip was very secure, yet gentle and graceful.

"Hey sleeping beauty." The nurse blurted, ruining the moment and making the situation incredibly awkward. "This girl here saved your life by scooting on the ground with her under you. " She winked.
"Don't say it like that!" Skie yelled nervously. "Perv!"

All I could do was smile. This atmosphere was so comfortable; this interaction was so welcoming, and Skie looked so damn cute!

I grabbed Skie's hand, holding it in my own, intertwining our fingers.

"Thank you." I whispered, grinning like an idiot.

"Dear god, why don't you two kids kiss already!" The nurse groaned. "All lovey dovey up in here."

"That's mean!" Skie argued.

"But..." I spoke quietly. "Okay!"

I inhaled deeply before I took action, cupping my hands around Skie's cheeks and pecking her lips playfully, catching her off guard.

"H-hey!" She yelled, obviously embarrassed, her face bright red.

"I- didn't mean literally." The nurse whispered, her face flustered as well, as if she had seen something awful and was unsettled.

"It's not the first time." I joked, although the statement was true.

"Shut up!" Skie responded.

We all laughed and continued our conversation as if nothing happened, talking for quite a while until our voices were halted.

"Will Kari Overstreet and Skie Amador please report to the office! Kari Overstreet and Skie Amador, please report to the office!"

**A/N: sorry for a shorter chap, I couldn't go much farther without ruining the cliffhanger, so I was cut a bit short. I'll try to make the next few cuter and better! But I get points for them kissing, right?**