Preparation 「Skie」

I cupped my hand upon the brim of the car door's handle, pulling it forward to release the latch to open it. I slung myself into the back seat, scooting over enough to allow Kari to follow.

"Oh, Mom wants me to sit up front." She smiled faintly. "Sorry about that."

"Alright." I sighed, scooting myself to the edge of the seat and proceeding to pull the buckle into place, snapping it within its holder. "Just hope that I don't die back here."

"If you died then I would be dead too!" She chuckled, leaning against the car door as she spoke. "You should be fine. Trust me."

"But you're the one with trust issues." I smirked, placing my hand into the side of the door, suggesting I wanted her to move. "I don't intend on trusting you if you don't trust other people."

"Whatever, Meanie." She placed her palm on the door to support herself, slightly contacting my own, which made me flinch more than usual. She pulled her hand back almost immediately, a worried look flooding her face.

"S-sorry." She stuttered, placing her hand on the door as if preparing to close it for me. "That was really stupid."

"What do you mean?" I questioned, turning my body to face her and reaching my arm out to touch hers. "What's wrong?"

"Look." She breathed. "Don't worry about it right now. Just let me go and I'll tell you later, okay?"

"Fineeee." I groaned, reaching for the door handle. "Now move."

"Alright." She grinned, thrusting the passenger side door open. "Have fun dealing with Alex, by the way."

"Right." I mumbled. "She's here too."

~

[A/N]: heyo my children! I'm alive! And tired! If you haven't check my bio, I have a list of all the books I'm doing in the future (give or take). ALSO I HAVE AN IDEA TO ASK ABOUT. Should I finish Guiltless in one book, or should I do multiple books? And if so, would you like more characters and side stories and suchie such?