The Zoo

"Okay class did everyone pass in their permission slips for our field trip today?" asked the teacher. Libra, Pisces, Gemini and Scorpio were in history class.

"Can we go already?" asked a random guy in the class.

"As soon as they make the announcement," replied the teacher.

"What can we do while we wait?" asked Libra.

"Whatever you want as long as you do it quietly and don't disturb others," replied the teacher.

Pisces started to draw, Libra and Gemini got their phones and Scorpio sat there finishing up the homework he forgot to do.

"Oh yeah. Let's do a homework check." The teacher started checking on the opposite side of the classroom from Scorpio.

He tapped Pisces on the shoulder. "Help."

"What question are you on?" asked Pisces.

"7."

"Okay here's my notes, copy them down quickly." After quickly copying notes so fast he could barely read them, Scorpio passed Pisces her notes back. Then the teacher checked to see if Scorpio did his work, then she moved on to Pisces.

"You were lucky," said Gemini.

"Yeah, I was," said Scorpio.

Then they heard the announcement. "Attention students, the buses have arrived."

***

All the zodiacs ended up on the same bus. Aries and Gemini sat together, Sagittarius and Capricorn sat together, Aquarius and Pisces sat together, Scorpio and Cancer, Libra and Leo ended up having to sit together and Virgo sat by Taurus.

Virgo was excited for the zoo, but even more excited for her date tonight with Taurus. She was starting to get nervous. Are we supposed to hold hands now, or wait until after the date? Are we like a couple now or do we have to go on a date first? All these questions were running around in her mind when Taurus held her hand and smiled. Virgo smiled back. Okay so it's okay to hold hands now. But... Then Virgo decided to just stop thinking so much and relax.

Aries turned around in her seat and took a photo of Taurus and Virgo. "I didn't know you two liked each other. Are you guys dating?" Both Virgo and Taurus sat there in silence because they didn't know how to reply. "Okay I'll stop tormenting you guys now."

***

At the zoo, the students were allowed to split up. Pisces, Libra, Taurus, Aquarius, Virgo and Cancer went to see the cute animals like the flamingoes or pandas while Aries, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Scorpio, Gemini and Leo went to see the scarier animals like the lions or crocodiles. The point of the field trip was to observe how animals interact with each other. That and the teachers wanted a break from yelling at students.

***

"Look! It's a baby panda!" said Pisces. The baby panda looked up at them. Then they took selfies with the panda in the background.

"I love pandas," said Cancer.

"Look! A giraffe!" shouted Pisces. Everyone went to take giraffe selfies.

Aquarius checked the time with her phone. "I'm starting to get hungry."

"Me too," agreed Taurus.

"Alright let's take a snack break. So... Where do we find food?" asked Virgo.

"I'm guessing at a place that sells food," said Cancer sarcastically.

Libra searched her pockets. "Check the map."