The Final Escape

"Wake up." The zodiacs all woke up. "NOW! you guys have to get up right now."

"Are we escaping now?" Scorpio was filled with excitement and fear at the same time.

"Yes but we need to leave now."

"Five... More... Minutes," groaned Taurus.

Virgo kissed him and his eyes snapped open. "Come on lazy bones, we're getting out of here."

Cancer rubbed his eyes. "I think I might be a bit tired too."

Then Aquarius kissed him. "Better?"

"Much better."

Capricorn sighed. "Guys, we don't have time for this."

"So, how are we going to escape?" asked Pisces.

"Did you get the key to the cage from Anne?" asked Sagittarius.

Ophiuhus tapped her foot impatiently. "No, but I don't need a key."

Leo grinned. "This is kind of exiting."

Aquarius rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Unless someone gets shot."

"I don't want to be shot again." Aries glanced at the bandage on her arm.

"We're all ready to go," smiled Gemini.

"Good. The security systems are still down and the cage is now unlocked. As soon as you get out, run until you get to the fourth floor. Then use this map and quietly but quickly make your escape. I'll be able to protect you somewhat but my power is like a battery, I can't use it all up or I'll need to rest in order for it to recharge. Good luck." Ophiuchus handed the map to Aries. Then she disappeared.

The constellations opened the cage door and ran up the stairs.

***

Ophiuhus looked around for Anne. She wasn't in her office sleeping. She must be in the control room trying to start up the systems and alarms again. Then she watched as all twelve zodiacs and Pegasus ran by. Ophiuchus followed them but they couldn't see her.

As usual, the three fire signs were in the front of the group and wouldn't let anyone pass them. The air signs were trying to pass the fire signs for a reaction, the water signs didn't really care and the earth signs were trying to keep everyone quiet so they didn't make too much noise. Pegasus followed behind everyone else.

Ophiuchus ran ahead of everyone, since she was in ghost form so people couldn't see or hear her. Then Ophiuchus saw a bunch of guards that weren't supposed to be there and took care of them.

***

"Okay guys. We need to be quiet now," hushed Virgo.

"We're already on the fourth floor? Sweet," grinned Gemini.

Cancer tried to catch his breath. "My legs aren't made for climbing all those long stairs."

"Here, hold my hand." Aquarius extended her hand.

"Okay." Cancer held it.

"Shhh! There could be guards around the corner," shushed Aquarius. Then everyone looked around the corner. A bunch of guards were there looking at all twelve zodiacs.

"HEY! It's the- AUGH!" A guard as he fell to his knees in pain. Soon all the other guards also fell.

"Thank you Ophiuchus," muttered Libra.

"This way!" announced Sagittarius. Then the zodiacs ran past the guards.

"When they recover, they'll call for backup. We need to be really quick now," warned Taurus.