The Zodiacs' Mission is Complete

All twelve zodiacs were eating in their dinning room, when they heard a knock at the door.

"Who could that be? It's night time," wondered Capricorn.

"I'll get it." Libra got up to open the door. "OPHIUCHUS?!?"

The other eleven zodiacs came running into the living room.

"Hello zodiacs. Nice to see you all again." Ophiuchus smiled sadly.

"Ophi!" Pisces gave her a hug.

"What are you doing here?" asked Scorpio.

Cancer rolled his eyes. "Obviously she came to visit us."

Aquarius shook her head. "No, I don't think that's quite it."

"She's right. I have a few things to tell you guys."

"You look all serious. What's going on?" asked Gemini.

"Uh oh. Are we in trouble for when we-"

Aries cut Leo off by covering his mouth. "Shhh! Don't say anything in case they don't know about that!"

Sagittarius elbowed Leo with wide eyes. "Yeah. Otherwise we'll definitely be in trouble."

Leo gasped. "Oh right."

"We heard that." Virgo watched the fire signs suspiciously.

"What did you come to tell us?" asked Capricorn.

Taurus studied the look in Ophiuhus' eyes. "I think it's about Anne."

"You guys should sit down," suggested Ophiuchus. Then everyone sat down."Okay. So you guys must be wondering why constellations became humans in the first place right?" Everyone nodded. "Well, that's because a long time ago, the constellation Ophiuchus split in half and the second half fell to earth and became a human. That human was Anne. I was the first half. "
"Of course Anne was only alive because our constellation split in two. It was an extremely rare thing to happen, so it was by accident that she was alive so now that she's dead she won't be reborn again. No one knows how the constellation split but it wasn't right. That's why all the other constellations were sent to find and kill Anne. No one knows who sent us or how, but that's what happened."
"Anne knew this, so that's why she kept locking up the zodiacs. The other constellations didn't last long on earth so Anne didn't bother with them. So, you guys were sent to earth with a purpose. That purpose was to kill Anne... but now your purpose is completed."

"So... What happens now?" asked Virgo.

"I think I'd better explain this myself. Follow me." Ophiuchus walked out the door. The zodiacs chased after her.

***

Ophiuchus walked up a big hill with the zodiacs following her. It was dark outside and the stars were shinning bright."This is where I buried Pegasus, in case you were wondering." Ophiuchus passed a small grave filled with flowers.

"So... Will we continue to be reborn? Now that Anne is dead?" asked Cancer.

"Good question," replied Taurus.

"I don't know yet. I must first communicate with the other constellations." Then the zodiacs waited as Ophiuchus closed her eyes. "Just as I thought."

"What's going on?" asked Sagittarius.

"Well you see... You guys only left the sky to complete your purpose but now that that's done... You must return."

"WHAT?!?" asked all the zodiacs.

"The other constellations will begin to send you all back soon. Say goodbye."

"This isn't fair!" protested Leo.

Taurus looked at Ophiuchus in disbelief. "We had so much more plans together."

Scorpio growled. "I don't wanna go back! I want to stay here!"

Cancer crossed his arms and stomped his foot. "Me too!"

Ophiuhus looked at the zodiacs, just as disappointed as they were. "This isn't my choice."

"Well, tell those other constellations I'm not going back." Gemini stuck his tongue out.

"Me either!" announced Aries.

"Guys we don't have a choice. Let's just accept this and say goodbye."  Aquarius wiped a tear from her eyes. After a few minutes of saying goodbye, everyone looked at Ophiuchus.

"Ready?" asked Ophiuchus. Everyone nodded.
"They'll start will Aries and finish with Pisces."

"So... How is this going to work?" asked Aries.

"Like this."

A big bubble formed around Aries. "Cool." Then the bubble slowly began to go upwards.

Aries waved at her friends below with tears in her eyes. Then a bubble formed around Taurus, then Gemini then Cancer, etc. Eventually all the zodiacs were in little bubbles floating upwards in the sky. So this is goodbye? No I can't accept this. I won't. This is not the end. Not after everything we've been through. I refuse to go home. Not yet anyway. I want to live a while longer, have a family and spend more time with my friends. Sorry Ophiuchus, but I'm not going home. Thought Aries. Then Aries began to slowly fall back to the ground.

"What's going on?" asked Taurus.

"Aries? How is she doing that?" asked Cancer.

When Aries got back to the ground, the bubble around Aries burst and Aries looked at Ophiuchus.

"You were always a stubborn one weren't you?"

"How did that happen?" asked Aries.

"I don't know, but I'm willing to guess your determination to stay on earth was so strong that the other constellations decided to let you stay." Then Leo fell and landed on top of Aries followed by Sagittarius. Ophiuchus laughed and rolled her eyes."Of course the fire signs are the first ones to come back."

"Hey guys! Don't let them take you. Refuse to leave and this happens." Scorpio slowly fell back to the earth.

"Wait we can stay? Sorry but I'm going with my friends." Then Gemini started to fall back down with Scorpio.

"Guys refuse to let them take you away!" screamed Libra who was also falling down. Then one by one, all the zodiacs returned to earth.

"I'm going to ask what just happened." Ophiuchus closed her eyes and began to communicate with the other constellations.

"We did it!" cheered Leo.

"We don't have to leave after all!" Pisces smiled.

"But will they try to take us back?" asked Capricorn.

Sagittarius shrugged. "Who cares? As long as we get more time together."

Virgo hugged Sagittarius since she was the closest person. "Wow... This is awesome."

"Yeah. Hopefully Ophiuchus will be able to tell us what just happened," said Taurus.

Aquarius nodded. "Maybe they'll let us stay together."

"I hope so." Cancer smiled hopefully.

Ophiuchus looked at them and smiled. "The other constellations are allowing you to stay on earth since you guys want to be together so much."  Everyone cheered."But unfortunately I have to go, and this time I'm leaving for good."

"Bye." Everyone waved goodbye as Ophiuchus floated upwards in a big bubble and didn't come back.

"So, we can continue going on out crazy adventures?" asked Leo.

"I think so. Come on guys lets celebrate!" cheered Libra and everyone ran back down the hill.

What funny zodiacs they are. I wish them well. Thought Ophiuchus as she disappeared, this time for good.