Picnic

"Whose idea was this?" asked Taurus who was carrying most of the stuff.

"Capricorn," replied everyone else. Capricorn planned a picnic for everyone. They were current walking up a large hill.

"I think it was a great idea," said Sagittarius.

"Here's a good spot," said Cancer.

Taurus put all the stuff down. They were next to a huge river. Pisces, Taurus, Cancer, Aquarius, Libra, Capricorn and Virgo set up the food and blanket for their picnic. Virgo, Aries, Sagittarius and Capricorn sat together, Taurus, Scorpio, Gemini and Leo sat together and Libra, Aquarius, Pisces and Cancer sat together.

***

"Ugh school tomorrow," said Aries.

Sagittarius froze. "What's going on tomorrow?"

"Our surprise assignment," replied Capricorn.

Virgo groaned. "Oh no."

"They're not that bad," said Sagittarius.

"Last time we had a surprise assignment, we had to write our own song and sing it to the rest of the class," said Aries.

Virgo cringed at the memory. "It was horrible."

"It isn't if you can sing," said Sagittarius.

"It is if you can't sing."

Aries stretched. "Hopefully we get to do something sporty."

Capricorn rolled his eyes. "It's language class, not P.E class."

"Good point. We should go to P.E instead."

Sagittarius nodded. "Good idea Aries."

"Well, the teacher was laughing when she told us we had an assignment so it's probably bad," said Virgo.

"I love how it's so sunny outside," said Capricorn.

Aries and Sagittarius got up, walked over to a tree and climbed it.

"What is it with the fire signs and Gemini and climbing trees?" asked Virgo.

Capricorn shrugged. "We're the earth signs so you'd think we'd be the ones that enjoy tree climbing."

***

"Why are Aries and Sagittarius in a tree?" asked Pisces.

Libra didn't even bother looking up as she ate her sandwich. "Who knows. They do basically whatever they want."

Pisces glanced at the river. It didn't look too cold. "Who wants to go swimming later?"

"No one brought their swimsuits," said Cancer.

Aquarius shrugged. "Oh well. We can still go berry picking or something."

Pisces finished eating, got her drawing book and started to draw.

Cancer and Aquarius started laughing. Leo was getting ready to scare Libra.