Callie's Backstory

People never really liked me. I guess that's because I was always different. I never really knew my real name, but I tell people my name is Callie.

One night I was looking up at the sky, and I noticed a bunch of stars falling. Twelve of them fell in the same spot.

I was adopted by a mom that loved astrology and constellations. She believed that constellations could someday walk the earth. She told me to find out as much as I could about these twelve teenagers that call themselves the zodiac. I don't know how she knew so much about them.

After spying on the zodiacs for a while, I decided that I didn't like them. Maybe I was jealous that they had such great friends while I suffered with no one, or maybe I didn't like the other girls being around Scorpio. Believe it or not I was a nice person before I thought that if you don't act tough or like a bitch, then you get pushed around. At the time I didn't even know how wrong I was.

***

I remember being a little girl at the orphanage.

"CALLIE!" screamed mom.

"What?!?"

"Clean up the kitchen."

"But me and Olivia were playing-"

"GET IT CLEAN OR I WILL DISOWN YOU!"

I quickly cleaned up. As I was cleaning, a little girl came over and helped me. She had pretty blue hair and blue eyes the colour of the ocean. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," said the girl. Then she walked away. We were treated horribly at this hell. It was then I realized I had to get away. Eventually I got tough so mom couldn't push me around.

***

I ran away from the orphanage. I was old enough to get a job and rent an apartment. I stayed there for a while and kept spying on the zodiacs. I even went to their school. Even though mom sent me to spy on them before I ran away, I still continued it because I needed to know for myself if they were the real constellations.

One day at school, I flirted with Scorpio hoping that once Pisces broke up with him she'd yell out some kind of secret. Of course it didn't work. The next day I lost control and took my anger out on her. The old me wouldn't've done that, but that's not me anymore.

Eventually I decided to lock the zodiacs up in that abandoned hotel and try to get them to speak and I hired a bunch of my mom's men to help me with that. I don't know what she employed them for, but they sure are useful. However, the zodiacs were so stubborn and didn't listen. So I decided to go ahead with plan B when the SWAT team came, took away all my bodyguards and broke the zodiacs free. I escaped.

***

I ran to my apparent to pack some stuff. I had to get away before the police came for me. I got in my truck and drove away. I hid in a town nearby, but eventually they found me.

Eventually they locked me in jail and I had some time to think. I don't know for sure if the zodiacs are real or not, but I think they are. The question is, if they are what does it mean?

What's the big deal about constellations walking around on earth? Do they have powers or are they normal people? I guess if I broke out of here I'd do some experiments. They're not people right? They're only constellations.

***

One day I was sitting around in my jail cell when the wall behind me exploded. Behind the wall stood the monster I hoped I'd never see again... My mom. She helped me escape.

We were in a car driving away when she looked at me.

"I know you don't like me, but how about we work together? I want to know the truth about the constellations," said mom. I had the choice to work with her or leave her again.

"Sure. Let's work together." For once she smiled.

***

Later that day, we arrived at a hotel that was far away from that city where the zodiacs live. I was sitting back and watching tv when my mom asked if I'd like to take a walk with her.

I got up. We walked around the forest close to the hotel.

"What did you learn about the constellations?" asked mom.

"I think they are the real ones. It's like they share some kind of bond. Every one of them. All twelve are always hanging out and they fit the personalities you'd expect from them."

"Great. What's your opinion on constellations walking on earth? There's more than just the zodiacs," said mom.

"I don't think we can trust them. I don't think they have any powers but we don't know. I wouldn't consider them real people. I think we should lock them up and experiment on them."

Then mom smiled. "What an interesting  way to speak of your kind."

"What do you mean?" Then I heard police cars in the distance.

"Constellations should be locked up and experimented on because we can't trust them? If you say so... Pegasus!"

She's lying to me. I can't be Pegasus. If she knew I was a constellation why would she adopt me?

Everything became clear. She used me... But I can't be a constellation! I'm human! I have emotions and I'm like other humans! Or maybe constellations are people after all, the zodiacs might actually feel emotions and stuff like me.

I got up and tried to run but mom grabbed my arms and wouldn't let me go.

"LET ME GO YOU-"

"How do you like being the one locked up?" asked mom. She knew about my kidnappings all along. Then I instantly knew how the zodiacs felt. I deeply regretted everything I did to them. I wish I could warn them. Mom is no doubt going after them now. Then as the police came, mom let go of me and ran away. I'll get her back for this. THIS ISN'T OVER!