Backstories part 1

A while ago all the zodiac signs were sent to earth as babies wrapped up in a blanket with their zodiac sign on it. They were all found by a nice woman who owned an orphanage. She named the babies after the signs on their blankets.

Aries:

I was seven when I was adopted. The woman adopting me didn't want to meet me, or even visit the orphanage first. She just adopted me out of nowhere. Not that I cared, I was just glad I was being adopted. I was going to miss my friends, but I could still see them at school.

The orphanage owner, Tilly, packed a backpack for me. It had a few of my personal belongings, including my blanket that I had since I was a baby. She even put my curly hair in two tiny twin tails on both sides of my head, with a nice dress. I had to look nice while meeting my new family, after all.

I remember stepping into the limo and waving to my new personal driver. I remember how I thought, wow, the person that's adopting me must be very rich! I was very excited. When I got to her mansion, I paused. The mansion had a beautiful garden of flowers, bushes, and trees in the front yard. A cobblestone path lined by hedges led to the front door. There was even a pool in the front yard.

I ran up the steps and knocked on the door. Then the old lady answered the door and smiled. "You must be Aries, you can call me Mom or grandma, either works!"

Ever since that day I lived a happy life. Grandma would play with me, do my hair and she'd tell me funny stories. I was very young when she adopted me from the orphanage. But she never told me her name.

***

  Nine years later, I stepped out of the limo and walked up the stairs to my house. It was Friday! When I walked through the door Grandma was sitting on the couch waiting for me. She looked worried.

I ran over and sat down beside her. "Grandma what's wrong?"

"I have to tell you something," she said looking down at the floor.

"Go ahead."

"You know how I adopted you right?"

"Yeah."

"The truth is, I adopted you because I know who you really are."

I looked at her confused."Who I really am?"

"You're Aries, the constellation."

What the hell? "Grandma you're not thinking right. Stay here I'll get help."

"Aries I know what I'm talking about! Listen to me! You and the other eleven zodiacs were sent to earth. I don't know why or how, but it happened. That's why I adopted you, because you're THE Aries. You're the leader of the zodiacs."

"What? You adopted me because I'm some kind of leader?"

"Yes. There are eleven other people out there who don't even know who they are. I need you to explain this to them."

"Even if this was true... How would you know?"

"Because... I'm a constellation like you."

"What? What's your name?"

"My name is Ophiuchus. Seventy years ago I fell from the sky like you. That's how I know." I don't know how I believe this. Somehow I know it's true. Somehow it feels right.