Snow Day

Aries woke up to the sound of their house phone ringing. Stupid phone. Aries got up and went downstairs. Then she picked up the phone.

Sagittarius came downstairs. "Who is it?"

"The school," replied Aries. Sagittarius walked over and looked out the window. It was sunny, but the roads were covered in snow and ice. Aries hung up the phone. "Snow day?"

Aries nodded her head. "Let's go tell the others."

"Not so fast."

"What?"

"I think I know exactly how to wake them up."

"I like the way you think."  Aries and Sagittarius went to get a few things from the storage room.

***

"WHAT'S THAT HORRIBLE NOISE?!?!?!?!?!?" yelled Pisces. There was rock music playing from the living room with maxed volume and someone was blowing air horns all around the house. Pisces walked out of her room and saw Virgo covering her ears. Then Aries ran by with the air horn. She had earplugs in her ears. Then they heard a loud noise downstairs and the music shut off. Pisces felt like her head was spinning.

"What the hell happened?!?" asked Libra.

"Ask the one with the air horn and ear plugs," said Aquarius. Everyone looked at Aries.

"Uh oh." Aries ran downstairs.

"Some people never change..." sighed Virgo.

***

"Finished!" announced Pisces excitedly. Everyone started laughing except for Aries and Sagittarius. Aries and Sagittarius were standing up covered up to their necks in snow. Pisces made them into little snowmen.

"Wait!" Libra ran inside the house. She returned with two hats and put them on Aries and Sagittarius. Capricorn went to get his phone and took a picture.

Aries and Sagittarius broke free.

"Let's have some fun!" said Cancer.

"How?" asked Gemini.

Taurus looked around. "Well, its winter so let's play in the snow."

Scorpio's nodded excitedly. "We can bury Leo under a bunch of snow."

"Or, we can bury Scorpio under a bunch of snow," suggested Leo.

"Or I'll get buried under snow!" Pisces sat on her knees and started throwing snow in the air.

The others joined her.

***

Libra, Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio were building a snowman. Virgo, Taurus, Aquarius and Capricorn were competing to see who could make the best snow angels and Aries, Gemini, Sagittarius and Leo were building a snow fort.

Everyone was having fun and it started snowing. After a while Libra, Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio built a big snowman, decorated him and Pisces named him Snowy (very creative, Pisces). Virgo and Aquarius ended up tied for who could make the best snow angels and Aries, Gemini, Sagittarius and Leo had a big snow fort shaped kind of like a cave.

***

The zodiacs all went back inside. Gemini, Aries, Leo and Scorpio went downstairs to play video-games. Aquarius, Pisces, Libra and Cancer were doing something on their phones. Capricorn went to make everyone hot chocolate and Taurus, Virgo and Sagittarius were on the couch cuddled up in blankets. Then Capricorn went around the house giving everyone hot chocolate with whipped cream and crushed candy cane bits.