Can We Keep Him?

"There. Your little fort is complete," announced Taurus. Everyone except for Gemini (who was inside the house with Quinn) and Leo (who was watching the others with snacks) admired the little fort they just built.

"There's enough room for maybe seven or eight people to fit in there," said Virgo.

"That's perfect! Thanks guys." Aquarius smiled at the hew dog house.

"Yeah. We did a very good job," admitted Libra.

"Who drew the dragon on the back?" asked Scorpio. "That's cool!"

"I guess we'll never know," shrugged Aries.

"What do we do now?" asked Sagittarius.

"I'm kind of thirsty." Capricorn went inside the house.

"Let's go make smoothies for all our hard work!" cheered Cancer who ran after Capricorn.

"Great idea."  Virgo followed.

"And I'll make some cupcakes," suggested Libra.

"I can help!"  Leo jumped up from his chair.

"Don't you have a broken arm?" asked Aquarius.

Leo grinned. "You only need one arm to scoop out some cookie dough."

"You mean cake batter?" asked Libra.

"Yeah! That." Then everyone went inside.

***

Gemini heard everyone else walking inside, so he took a book bag and put Quinn in there. He made sure to zip it up but not all the way so that Quinn could breathe. Then Gemini carefully but quickly went downstairs hoping that Quinn wouldn't bark. When Gemini walked in the pool room, Aquarius was in the hot tub.

"Is Quinn in there?" asked Aquarius.

"Yeah. Go get Libra."

"She's baking."

"So? See if she can ask someone else to bake." Then he ran outside. Gemini looked for the dog fort that the others built. He found it behind the trees with the tree houses. It was a fort that was like a really big dog house. Once inside the fort, Gemini took Quinn out of the bag and put on the collar that Libra and Aquarius picked out for him. Then he attached Quinn's collar to a little leash and attached to leash to the inside of the dog house.

Gemini was petting Quinn when Aquarius and Libra crawled in with Gemini. Aquarius had a little food bowl and a water bowl and placed it down in a corner. Libra gave Quinn some toys and her pillow that Quinn seemed to enjoy sleeping on.

"The others will find out about him eventually," sighed Aquarius.

Libra bit her lip. "I think we might need to tell them."

"But what if they won't let us keep him?" asked Gemini.

Libra crossed her arms. "Then we don't give up until they do."

Gemini sighed."You guys are right. Let's do it now."

"Come on." Aquarius smiled hopefully at the little dog.

***

(Knock, knock)

Pisces opened the door. "Oh. Hi Gemini, Aqua and-" Pisces froze when she saw the cute little puppy in Libra's arms. "OMG WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!? OMG I THINK MY HEART JUST DIED AHHHHH ITS SO CUTE AND FLUFFY OMG OMG OMG CAN WE KEEP IT? IS THAT OUR NEW PET DOG? PLEASE TELL ME YES PLEASE? OMG IT'S STICKING OUT ITS TONGUE! THE CUTENESS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME AHHHH!" Pisces fainted.