Newt- RUN

I was running through the darkness as the sand blew all around me. We were running from wicked who claimed they had rescued us. It turns out they were wicked all along and were planning to use us.

"Teresa we need to stay together" said thomas as Teresa ran off towards a run down building.

"Guys come on" she said.

She ran down a hole in the building and the rest of us followed half running half falling down the steep slope.

"Ok everyone look for anything you might need" thomas said.

"Y/n you stick with me" newt said.

We went off looking for anything that could be useful. I found a small backpack and a little water bottle.

"Y/n" teresa called.

"Yeah teresa?"

" I found some clothes over here"

I got up to go over to her but newt grabbed my arm.

" be careful" he said " I don't want you getting lost"

"Newt it's ok I'll be with teresa"

I went over to where she was and she pointed to a pile of clothing. I rummaged through it and found a decent brownish jacket, a grey scarf and a pair of boots.

I wandered off and came across minho and thomas.

Minho was fiddling with some sort of electrical switch and lights turned on around the whole building.

Minho smirked proud of himself until the smirk fell from his face.

"THOMAS LOOK OUT!" he shouted.

A crank jumped up at the metal fence and thomas jumped.

More cranks started appearing from everywhere.

" WELL DONE MINHO" I shouted " NOW WE'RE IN DANGER!"

We sprinted away from the cranks as fast as we could and saw the others down the end of the hallway.

"HEY!" thomas yelled.

They all looked at us confused.

"RUN!"

The noticed the cranks chasing after us and their facial expressions changed from confused to scared in a split second.

"Oh shit!" Said newt.

I ran up to Newt and grabbed his arm to pull him with me.

"NEWT COME ON LETS GO!" I SAID

I ran as fast as I could, my heart pounding in my chest. A stitch quickly creeped up into my chest.

I was surprised I wasn't dead already with these dumb asses getting us into the most dangerous situations possible.

A crank came out of nowhere and jumped on newt pushing him into the ground.

"NEWT!" I yelled.

I tried to run for him but minho pulled me back.

" no Y/n" he said.

Thomas shoved the crank off newt and it crashed into a glass wall falling down into the darkness.

"Thanks tommy" said newt getting up quickly and running.

We all ran for our lives as fast as our legs could carry us.

We reached a slim hallway with three pad locked doors on one side.

"THOMAS GET US OUT OF HERE!" said teresa.

Thomas started to barge himself into the door in attempt to open it but it wasn't working. Frypan then tried running hard into the door with a large amount of force. The door swung open and we all piled out.

Before it could be closed the cranks grabbed a hold of winston pulling him back and scratching up his stomach.

"WINSTON" said thomas.

He screamed in pain as newt and fry pulled him back.

I was helping trying to push the door closed against the cranks but they were surprisingly strong.

"Y/N,MINHO GO!" Thomas yelled.

Me and minho ran ahead and thomas came shortly after sprinting as fast as he could from the cranks.

I kept running until we reached a cave like structure and hid under it.
The cranks made animal like noises as they searched for our presence.

We turned our torches off so they wouldn't find us hiding.

Newt pulled me close into his chest hugging me proactively. I leaned into him and closed my eyes. I felt safe in his arms.

There wasn't really anything else to do so I let sleep take over my body.