Newt- Rivals - part 8

I froze in shock. Staring at the clear handwriting that belonged to Newt. What was this? When I finally broke away from the trance I looked up and saw him standing at the door. Motionless.

"Where did you find that?" He asked calmly.

"What is this?" I held it up.

"It's nothing"

He walked foward and tried to take it from me but I swerved it away from his grasp. I Stood up to be at his level.

"What is it!" I said again with more force in my voice.

He looked at me, with obvious guilt in his eyes.

"Am I a joke to you? Am I just some sick game?"

I forced myself not to let my eyes pool up and tried not to let my voice crack.

"No" he said.

"Then what am I Newt?" I walked closer to him " what am I really to you?"

"You're my girlfriend, that I love, and no less"

"Really? Or was it just a part of a bet?"

"No I..."

"Don't lie! Just tell me the truth! Was I or was I not part of a bet!"

"Yes!" He spat out.

I felt my heart sink. Nausea flooded through me, making me feel sick to my stomach. longer able to control it, tears trickled down my cheeks. I nodded slowly, biting down on my lip so hard it almost cracked.

"Right, so that's it, we're done then" I said.

"What?wait no, no, no, Y/n please just let my explain" he panicked.

"There's nothing to explain Newt! You got with me to win a bet and now you have. So I hope you're happy because I'm not being with someone who just wanted to use me! Teresa was right, you have hurt me!"

I ran through out of the house and down the street. Practically choking on my own tears and air,racing up to the house as fast as I could.I knocked frantically on the door and she answered instantly.

"What's all the...." she saw my state and frowned " Y/n what happened?"

"You were right" I sobbed " the whole time, it was set up, you were right"

" oh Y/n" she took me into a hug and I cried into her shoulder.

"I should have listened to you"

"Shh it's ok, I'm here" she assured " come inside and tell me what happened"

She guided me inside, well she mostly carried me because I was to busy sobbing into her t-shirt. I sat down on the sofa, still crying into her shoulder. When I pulled myself together I took a deep breath and explained what happened to her.

"Well, I stayed over at his last night and this morning I found a sheet of paper with a bunch of girl's names on it, including mine. It was labelled fuck list. It was bet. He had to fuck all the girls on the list and he won"

"That dick! I'll kill him!" She raged.

"It doesn't matter now, I'm done with him"

"Too right! He's just a selfish boy! You deserve much better than him"

"Yeah, well, I was stupid enough to fall for him" I wiped the wet from under my eyes.

"You'll find someone else, someone better, someone you can love" she told me.

"I did love him, but he hurt me. And I'm starting to wonder, if he ever loved me at all"

I hugged my knees tightly to my chest. Almost providing a shield to my heart, blocking it from anyone who might try to reach it, and break it.