Benny- She's a man eater -part 4

I pulled away surprised by his sudden action. Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"What the hell is going through your head!" I yelled.

He sighed "I lost"

"What?"

"I lost the game. I fell first"

"It's only been two days"

"Yeah, well I lost before we even started"

I stopped. How can he lose the game before the game started?

"What are you going on about?"

"I fell for you years ago" he said " so really, the game didn't mean anything at all, I guess it just opened my eyes to how much I really cared for you"

"I...I don't know what to say"

"Why are you so surprised?" He stepped foward " it's like you said, everyone you want to want you wants you. Isn't this what you wanted?"

"You're confusing me, stop!" I raged.

"Why are you so confused? This was the game wasn't it?" He flew his hands up in the air.

I flinched a little at his action but he didn't seem to notice.

"Yes but I didn't expect to fall too!"

Silence. Dead air between us. I could feel the tension growing. A grin emerged on his face.

"You fell for me?" He asked.

"Piss off Benny"

"You actually fell for me?"

"I didn't want to I just... ugh!"

Running towards the door, I yanked it open and sprinted down the hallway of the hotel. I could hear him calling my name but I refused to respond and kept running. I ran out of the hotel and down the raining streets. Eventually, I got fatigued and stopped to sit in a musty,little alley way. Hugging my knees as the rainwater trickled down my back. My hair quickly became soggy and lost it's volume. I was glad I hadn't worn makeup because I would have looked like a party clown with it smudged down my face.

For once in my life I had absolutely no clue what to do. I was so used to making people like me, but I never once, liked them back. At least not as intensely as I felt for Benny.I should never have played this dumb game. My body went cold and my mind became numb to my surroundings as I sat drowning myself in the rain...

"Y/n!"

My eyes opened to meet chocolate brown ones and looked down immediately to break the eye contact.

"What are you doing you're going to get hypothermic out here" he put his hand to my arm but pulled back quickly " holy crap you're freezing!"

I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Y/n can you hear me? Can you feel this?"

He put his hand to my cheek. I looked up at him, he looked terrified but I was confused.

"I can't feel anything" I said.

"You...what? Ok we need to get you inside"

He helped me up to my feet but I collapsed straight away, unable to support myself. Luckily he caught me before I crashed to the ground. Holding me in his arms he carried me back to the hotel. As soon as we got to our room he put me down on the bed.

"Uh, ok, I need to take off your clothes" he said.

"No" I shivered.

"You can't keep them on they're wet"

I nodded. He carefully peeled my soaked clothing off my skin until I was left only in my bra and underwear. Quickly, he wrapped me up in a fluffy blanket and got me a hot cup of tea to warm me up. I held the cup in my hands slowly feeling the numbness fade away.

"Sorry" I said.

"No it's not your fault I shouldn't have provoked you..."

"No it is my fault. If I wasn't such a God damn wh*re..."

"Woah hey!" He ushered " don't call yourself that!"

"Why? It's true and we both know it. It's ny own fault, making people obsess over me, I've just got a taste of my own medicine"

"Look you're not a bad person Y/n you're just a..."

"Man eater?" I interrupted.

"I wasn't going to say that"

"But you were thinking it"

"What makes you think that?"

"Because that's what everyone thinks of me"

"Y/n, everyone does something for a reason" he sat down next to me " I think that you do it because of a trauma or past experience"

"I..."

"What happened Y/n? You can tell me"

"No"

"I promise I'm not going to judge you" he assured " just please tell me!"

He moved his arm and I flinched at the action. His face went white with realisation.

"Oh god. Ugh, did you have a boyfriend Y/n?"

I nodded.

"Did he... hit you?"

I felt a tear slip down my cheek, nodding again.

"Oh shit Y/n I'm sorry"

He pulled me into his chest and I sobbed a little. I wasn't crying because I felt sorry for myself. I was crying because in that moment I realised what I had become, like my ex.

"ok I get it now" he said " it's ok I'm not mad"

"I'm a horrible person"

"No" he lifted my chin to look at him " you're not a bad person you're just broken"

"Well I can't be fixed"

"I think I can help with that"

He attached his lips again and this time I let him, moving in the rhythm.