Newt- Baby

We walked through the endless sea of sand, sun and nothingness. Our legs ached, our throats choked, and me in particular, well I was struggling the most.

Before we escaped wicked, one of the nurses informed me I was almost a whole month pregnant. I didn't have much of a bump so it wasn't really that noticable to the other gladers. The only other one who knew was Newt. He was the dad. He was really worried about me and the baby. We didn't want to tell the other gladers yet because it would just make them worry.

"Hey" Newt slowed down to talk to me " how are doing?"

"I'm fine" I lied.

"No you're not"

"I am"

"Y/n I can tell when you're lying, just tell me"

"Fine" I gave in " I'm struggling, but it's not like I have much of a choice Newt"

"We can stop for a break"

"Newt it's fine it's only a couple mor hours..."

"Y/n, you need to rest"

"And what are going to tell them?"

He paused.

"Exactly Newt, I'll be fine I can make it"

"I believe the non-pregnant you would have made it but you're pregnant and this much physical exercise is not good for you" he said.

"But they don't know Newt, what will you tell them to get them to stop?"

"The truth"

"What!" I said shocked " you're going to tell them! I thought we were going to wait until we got to the right arm?"

"Y/n they won't care and they'll understand that you need to rest"

"Newt wait!"

"Thomas!" Newt called.

Thomas stopped and so did the others.

"Yeah?" Thomas said.

"I think we should stop"

"Why?We're so close"

"Look, we didn't want to tell you yet but we don't really have anything else we can do" Newt said " Y/n is pregnant and she's struggling, we need to stop"

"She's what!" Minho said.

"When did this happen?" Teresa asked.

"Alright everyone calm down" Thomas said " we'll stop for the night then"

We settled down for the night, and I heard Minho mutter to Newt " I did warn you to use protection"

"I know" Newt said "I'm a dumbass I get it"

"Well at least I get to be uncle Min" Minho smiled.

"Yeah, you drop them I'll kill you"

I smiled, Newt was gonna be a great dad.

A/n

Omg I feel like Newt would be such a great dad though 🥺