Benny- My king ( Requested)

I was sitting on the sidelines, watching Benny play. Benny had been my friend ever since I could remember. We did everything together. Well everything except one thing. Chess.

That was his thing. Benny took an interest in chess from a young age, and as he got older he got better at it. Now he does it for a living and plays in tournaments. Of course I always attend them to support him.

After he won his game, I met up with him to walk back up to our rooms.

"So you headed straight back to your house as soon as we got to New York?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll see you soon though, I'll call you"

When I got home, I sat down with a glass off wine and put on the tv. Once I got back home, I fell bored instantly.

Then an idea came to me. Why don't I learn chess? I could play with Benny, and help him with his tournaments!

But I didn't want to steal the spotlight from Benny. Chess was his thing. I would be a bad freind to do that to him. But what harm would it do just to learn how to play it?

Benny didn't have to know.

I saved up for a little while until I had enough money to buy a chess board, and some beginner chess books. I started by learning the square's names and how the peices move. Then got to practise with different openings and such.

One day Benny came by, and I had to shove all the chess stuff in my draw so he wouldn't see it.

Years went by and every day I practised playing chess. I thought I got pretty decent at it and was very happy with my progress.

I was sitting in Benny's apartment while he was going over chess tactics. He had an upcoming competition for the US championship.

"Fuck" He cursed under his breath.

"What?" I looked up from my book.

"I'm stuck"

I gazed at his board before looking back to my book.

"Knight to Bishop 4"

My eyes widened. Benny wasn't supposed to find out I could play chess!

"Wait-" He moved it and stared at the board in disbelief " How did you? How did you do that?"

"I can't lie to you Benny, for the past few years, I've been learning to play chess"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to get in the way. Chess is your thing and I don't want to take that away from you"

"Play a game with me" He said.

"What? Play?"

"Yeah"

"I- I don't think I should"

"Please?"

"Ok fine"

"Let's go"

We sat next to eachother, staring straight ahead of us.

Benny took in a deep breath.

"Shit"

"Shit"

"You're fucking good"

"I didn't intend to be"

"You need to play for the US championship"

"No! I can't do that" I stood up " I can't take your chance away from you"

"Y/n, It would be stupid to not let you play, I don't care, I want you too"

"You won't mind?"

"No"

I won. I went to the US championship and I won. I was so shocked.

I ended up going to lots of tornaments  and Benny supported me the whole way. Eventually I made it to the world championship, where I was going to compete against the reigning champion Beth Harmon.

"Beth told me she can see the game on the ceiling, she's good so you have to concentrate"

"It's ok, I have my own way to see the game"

"What way?"

"I'll tell you after"

When I headed into the hall and faced Beth, nerves radiated throughout my body. Her face was was like stone. Showing no sign of vulnerability. I shook her hand and sat down.

The game lasted a long time, but in the end, I was the new world champion and a grandmaster. It all felt so unbelievable, that I did this. I was expecting Benny to be the whole to do all this.

I found Benny after pushing through the crowed of paparazzi.

"Benny!"

"You did well" He smiled " I'm proud of you"

"But what about you?"

"I'll keep playing, and I'll get US championship back off you again but I'll leave you to keep the worlds"

"Thanks Benny. Do you want to know how I do it?"

"Do- What?"

"See the game"

"Oh, yeah, how do you do it?"

"I think of the king as someone, someone I care a lot about. And in the game, I have to protect the king from the other peices"

"Who is the king?"

"You"

"Me?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, you're my king"

"You care about me?"

"Of course I do Benny I wouldn't have stuck with you for so long if I didn't" I giggled " I'm gonna get my stuff the plane leaves in an hour"

"Wait!Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"When we get back to New York, would you maybe, like to get some dinner?"

"Dinner? Like a- date?"

"Yeah" He blushed.

Oh my lord, I made Benny Watts blush!

"Uh, sure" I smiled.

I finished putting the laundry away and headed into the living room, sitting opposite Benny. I picked up his King and moved it, making him look up at me.

"Take your eyes off the board for one minute please" I begged.

"I need to do this-"

"I need attention!"

I sat over his lap, and stroked my hands up his chest.

"Love me"

"Would have thought you had enough after last night" He chuckled.

"Benny" I whined, grinding lightly on him

"Alright! Ok!" He stood up, lifting me up with him.

Taking me over to the bed, he put me down.

"You are one needy little thing" He laughed, unzipping his pants.

"You love me right?"

He crawled over me, being careful not to crush me underneath him.

"Of course I do" He kissed me.